Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Did your sale go through? I believe this is your former car no?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164465927289

2. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I just read all 31 pages and have to say that up until today this car was not on my radar. I am currently in the market for a new weekend toy and have to say that after reading this thread this car checks all of the boxes for what I'm looking for. Anyone want to sell me theirs?? :D

rdefabri and Willh5080 like this.
  3. OzoneNorth

OzoneNorth Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    #753 OzoneNorth, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2021
    Willh5080 likes this.
  4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #754 BT, Nov 12, 2020
    I use Meguires #26. It is a good quality wax applied with a DA and soft (black or white) pad. The car feels baby smooth.

Willh5080 likes this.
  5. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    #755 pchop, Nov 17, 2020
    BT likes this.
  6. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    It is an incredibly inexpensive weekend toy that offers you loads of fun for very little maintenance cost - except it does have a timing belt...though no engine out like the 355s. It's a combination of Lotus Elise and Porsche Cayman S.

carguyjohn350 and AHudson like this.
  7. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    #757 bcorner, Nov 17, 2020
    I use Chemical Guys WAC_201_16 Butter Wet Wax (16 Oz) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FALVU8A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_lW.SFbMPVA19V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    And

Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 JetSeal Paint Sealant & Paint Protectant with UV Protection & Hydrophobic Properties (16 oz) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TFE38A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_KX.SFbM0P5WT3
    I’ve had my 2016 Spider for about 4 years. Just hit 20k. Love it still! I get excited every time I start it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    pchop likes this.
  9. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Missed the coupe I sold a couple of years ago and with them not coming to the US anymore it was time.
    2019 spider 600 miles Akrapovic exhaust.
    Man this thing is fun.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

rdefabri, BT, simchanova and 5 others like this.
  10. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Great car, congrats Bill! The color combo is super rare, and very nice.

:)
    BT

duskybird likes this.
  11. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    ...looking for a higher optioned coupe...any leads?

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
  13. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Eventually I'll get one of these...looking for a coupe. Not ready yet, but getting more antsy for one...

14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I have not driven the 4c spyder for a long time since I got the 718 spyder as a daily. I just drove the 4c to work for the first time in 3 months. Man this car really almost pulls as hard as my 458w with its carbon tub. Fun little impressive car. I would get the spider though because it makes the car much less claustrophobic. BAT has been selling this car at much higher price unexpectedly. It seems like people are paying notice finally after the sale ended.

flat_plane_eddie and rdefabri like this.
  15. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    How does it compare to your Spyder?

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    4c's carbon fiber monocoque as a chassis deserves a lot of respects, and that makes one wonder how much better Ferrari would be if it has it. That also tells you where the 718 spyder compares. The 718 GT4 chassis which is the same as the spyder and different from the rest of cayman/boxster is well respected throughout the industry, but in my opinion, it is no where near the 4c. I don't have a 720s but I am interested to see if the owners of both McL and Ferrari shares my insight.

Handling wise, manual of 4c vs electric of 718 is simply diametrically opposite in the spectrum. Parking at the wrong side of the gas pump will make you sigh in a 4c. Guaranteed. But once at a speed, even low, the manual steering with the ultra responsive chassis of 4c carbon tub does remind me what rawness in a sport car really means. 718 on the other hand shines if one longs for the intersection of sophiscation and sportiness.

My 4c has factory option of akrapovic exhaust which is 5 times louder than the 488 and F8, and there you go. 718 exhaust is non existent, whether or not I compare it to my 458.

These are my 3 cents.

pchop, BJK and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  17. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Power delivery/gearing 4c vs 718 ? :)

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    My 718 spyder is pdk which is essentially the same as gt3. 7 gears. I think it was 20% (don't quote me) shorter than the widely dreaded long ratio of the manual counterpart. I love pdk in the spyder, similar to the point that I can't imagine 458/488/F8 without paddle. In comparison to the 4c which is turbo engine, 718 spyder/GT4 is NA engine with linear response that I am very used to. Only 240hp of 4C with it's wet curb weight of 2800 lbs, it really pull as hard any 458 upfront but you can tell it's running out horses at high end speed whereas 718 is just keep pulling faster and harder, especially at high speeds. Literally the textbook manifestation of classic turbo vs NA engine. The turbo of 488/F8 behaving as NA engine in it's sequential power delivery analogous to NA engine indeed is a undebatable technology advancement that McL should take note. (The 600LT turbo lag is tiny bit better than my 4c)

The gearing of 4c under dynamic mode is very aggressive for local driving. But with the spooling whistle of turbo right behind the ear, it is actually very fun!

19. alphaboy1

alphaboy1 Rookie

Jun 22, 2021
    Hey all... i jumped in on the action... i had 2 Boxsters prior. This is truly an experience everytime i get into it. Supplies are diminishing rapidly as they dont produce these at least for US market anymore. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

neth, BT, OzoneNorth and 1 other person like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Did u tune the 4c? Good gains to be had there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    No I didn't. I can only imagine.

22. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Every time I've been in a dealer, I sit in one. And every time I fail to find a comfortable seating position...and I am only 5' 9.5". I feel crowded by the steering wheel and the seat doesn't recline far enough to make it work for me. I have to ask how you owners make it work for you.

23. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    I'm 6' 0", not exactly a lightweight, and I make it work just fine. Perhaps it just fits my driving style? Or maybe I've just adapted to it? I never really thought about it. That said, I don't take it on long trips. Just 1-2 hours here and there. After an hour or so and I start fidgeting in my seat. It's a purpose-built car, but comfort isn't one of its purposes.

I have the spider fwiw and rarely drive with the roof on. No roof makes getting in/out of the car so much easier. Just don't use the "A" pillar as a grab handle when getting in/out of the spider. The front windshield glass is thin and pulling on the "A" pillar can cause enough flex to crack the glass.

24. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I drove one on track and thought it was great.
    The term baby ferrai kept coming to mind.
    The motor chewed through the gears with anger and its one of the only road cars I'ive driven that was stiff and buttoned down enough out the box to really work on track. It actualy felt like a track car, amazing as a street car no matter the marque is usualy too flacid on track. The brakes too deserve special mention, they held up to repeated laps consistently, hard to think of another street car with sock brakes that this can be said about. Im not talking soft DE laps, but full tilt hard charging ones.
    The Cf tub is magic, it felt as stiff as a block of granite with none of the flex and loosness a metal car has. In short as with the Gulia this ca ws developed by peopel who knew what they were doing, and were free t do ti.

One could defintely feel the 4c twichiness the scribes talk about. That was apparent past 9.10ths cornering and also evident when braking hard from 140 for a bend you could feel the rear hunting a little. To me it was nothing scary and a characteristic of the car. Its been ascribed to the strut suspension bending under loads and creating toe in toe out. It never felt dangerous, just there. That makes it reminecnt of a clasic g40 which also moved about a bit on track. The traction systems maybe to keep it safe were imo a bit too intrusive alhtough hey can be dialed back in race mode t a reasonable degree..

The critique to the extent one can be made, for me is the steering, it feels uneccesarily heavy and slow for such a small car, reminded me of the helm on a Mk 1 golf Gti, and people loved those.. In an elise the steering is way lighter and also shorter geared, that makes the turn in faster and the whole feeling more lithe and eager to rotate. But an elise a softer slower car. The 4c felt quicker than even a moded 300hp exige, thats a feel thing not objective measure. The way the 4c simply ran through the gears was amazing. and the pull in 2nd and 3rd was a s quick as any car. Compared to a lotus its a more put togethr car, and the quality is in another orbit. A baby ferai fr sure, and I say baby beause of its size, in performance its no baby. Perhaps the biggest surprise of the year for me.

This was on a big track and it never felt small low power, maybe not as fast as a Gt3, but the straights were never wait time it kept on pulling.On a smalleer track like lime rock, id bet its as fast as or faster than any other street car and way more fun.

If youre contemplating one, and like to drive, buy it.

slm and pchop like this.
  25. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I'm pretty much your height and fit fine. I do have longer legs for my height but even then my legs weren't cramped.

The steering wheel can be adjusted but it is an odd position when you get in it from a different car. You sit low with your legs stretched out and the steering wheel pretty close to you.