Classy hose clamps for radiator? | FerrariChat

Classy hose clamps for radiator?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Salami, Nov 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    Looking for a solution to leaky hoses on my 456. They are in good shape they just drip a little Nd the hardware store grade clamps don’t have a lot of clamping force. Is there a better kind I don’t know about? The old school wire kind with the screw and nut built in would probably be better clamps, but wonder if there’s a sexy kind for these visible areas.

2. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    The most secure clamps I've used are the single ear crimp clamps. They're single use and hold tight. They come in virtually any diameter. I think they look better than run of the mill hose clamps too. Just search Google for sources.

Salami likes this.
  3. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    Yes those are good and I have the tool for install. However have you seen they have heat shrink hose clamps now? They appear to be like regular heat shrink, install with heat gun and apparently they are legit, super secure and look fantastic.

4. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Oetiker Stepless Ear clamps are great, I have used heat shrink but still prefer Oetiker clamps.

EastMemphis and Salami like this.
  5. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    T-bolt clamps are always a good option.