[FDC] Drive Event - 03/07/04 | FerrariChat

[FDC] Drive Event - 03/07/04

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bmyth-FDC, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

[size=+4]Ferrari Driving Club[/size]

[size=+3]PRESENTS:[/size]

[size=+3]
    Santa Barbara Run
    Sunday, March 7, 2004
    [/size]

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Enzo Run on Feb. 8th!! The event was hugely successful – thanks for bringing out your beautiful cars! In the usual FDC tradition, we are gearing up for yet another spirited run… We are going to Santa Barbara/Montecito for some lunch and for those interested, up to the Buellton/Solvang area for some exciting roads!

For those of you not attending other local southern california events on sunday, we will be meeting in Thousand Oaks in the parking lot on the corner of Moorpark and Hillcrest (from LA, go on 405N to 101 towards Ventura, exit Moorpark and turn right – head 0.5 miles north on Moorpark). We will be driving up to Montecito to meet with our special out-of-town guest and heading directly to the restaurant.

[size=+1]Meeting time in Thousand Oaks: 10:00am[/size]
    LA. Caravan Meeting time 9 :00: RSVP with Jean-Louis, [color=blue][email protected][/color] for location point.

OC Caravan Meeting time 8:00: RSVP with Byron, [color=blue][email protected][/color] for location point.
    (RSVP immediately)

Please note: There is no cost for the drive, but each of you will be responsible for your own lunch costs (plus tax/tip). We will be dining at a casual restaurant in the Santa Barbara area.

Please be sure to RSVP to either the LA or OC Caravan so that we can get an accurate headcount.All exotics are welcome, but if you are inviting your friends, please make sure you RSVP for them as well.

Thanks!
    - FDC
    “We drive and drive often”

2. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    I should be good to go unless something comes up. NO rain too! we need a break!

3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Sorry guys but I'm afraid my dad and I will not be able to make this drive. It is a little too far away. But I still need to get you all the video from the last drive! It seems like it happened just a week ago, not a month! But as soon as I get my hands on a DVD burner, I will get those to everyone.

Have fun guys!

-David

4. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey folks..
    Here are 2 other threads that have some details about this drive and the historical significance of it! :)

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9953
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10057

We know this drive does coincide with some other events that day - our apologies!

Event Update:
    We will have private dining (w/parking) in a wonderful Italian Restaurant in downtown Santa Barbara... One of our members will be opening up the restaurant just for us!! :)

A number of you have RSVP'd already... hurry up and reserve your spot. Hope to see you there!
    FDC

5. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Have fun guys..I'm sure you will. Going to the Pelican Hills charity event Sunday. Taking the Gallardo and the 550. Wife will be driving the 550 for the first time.Think I'll let her drive the Gallardo home?

6. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I wish I could make it, but I'll not be back from Vegas in time...

7. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Drive faster! ;)

8. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    What time do you guys expect to arrive in Montecito? There is a mention of 11AM-Is that on target? Sounds like only an hour drive from LA???
    Signed:
    The "dead" proctologist.

9. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Have fun everyone! Unfortunately, the F-car is being held hostage inside my garage. My driveway (actually the whole front of the house) is being redone and it would take an offroad vehicle to make it across the mudpit to get out! The F-car is stuck!!

Byron - You driving the 308 again?

10. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Byron- would love to make it but I've got a BMW Club Race at Cal Speedway. First time running the E46 M3! Take pics of the drive.

11. larz

larz Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I plan on going on the drive. Be sure to RSVP and mention guests if bringing any. Where will they meet up?

12. Fiercsm

Fiercsm Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    First event in a while I can't make, have to work! Have fun and do some spirited driving for me but stay out of trouble!

Cheers,

Edward

13. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hey guys,
    make sure you RSVP if you want to go... we are trying to get an accurate headcount so that we can inform the restaurant ahead of time.

From OC: [email protected]
    From LA: [email protected]

If you are meeting us directly at Thousand Oaks, please send us a courtesy email so that we get an idea.

Oh, and just as a precaution for the weekend... let's keep in mind about the CHP thread... let's all go out and have some fun w/o getting in trouble...

See you sun!
    Byron

14. XJARGH!

XJARGH! Rookie

Feb 29, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Does JLM reply to the RSVP posts, or is this a passive headcount?

I sent him a message a couple days ago and hopefully he got it.

Tim
    XJARGH!

15. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    This is not just a passive headcount... if he hasn't replied to you yet, he will be doing it today with meeting times/details.

Byron

16. clokey

clokey Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Count me in. Will be in OC again this Sunday morning so let me know where to meet up.

Cheers!

Paul.

17. team360

team360 Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bell Canyon, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott Platt
    Byron I just sent you an email, I will be there in the 360 along with a 996 and C4s.

18. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Home depot run for wood to cover the mud and rocks leading to the street? Where there is a will, a way is right around the corner. Call an AAA flatbed to take you a few hundred feet. LOL!

19. XJARGH!

XJARGH! Rookie

Feb 29, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Throw it in gear, redline it, and do a Knight Rider "Turbo Boost" over the calamity in the driveway.

20. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I thought of that. Only problem is the mud pit is about six inches deep (uncompressed). I wanted it extra thick for the heavy SUVs. I would need ALOT of wood to make something stable to cross the pit!! I can see it now "Ferrari stuck in mudpit in owner's own driveway!" Ha ha. Have fun everyone!

21. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Couldnt make this one, got called into work early morning and didnt finish!!! Can't wait to hear about it and see the pics..hope it was a good day..

22. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    damn i wish i lived in so cal

23. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

am i the first one back? very cool drive, musta been 15 f cars, anybody count? the weather was beautiful, special thanks to byron and jean louis for putting it all together, and thanks to everybody else for the great company

24. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I was wondering the same thing. I have been sitting here waiting for info on how it went. It has been a very boring day, for me at least...:)

25. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    We're back now also. It was a great drive. Craig, too bad you could not make the rest of it.

After lunch we were seen by 3 CHP but no one was doing anything stupid at the time so all went well.

Can't wait until next time.