FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Qualifying ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 6 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Qualifying ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The new PU Next year should fix some of the current car problems.

375+ likes this.
  2. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I wish you're right, I stopped hoping, though. Too many consecutive bad years. Not sure we've reached the bottom.

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 having said that it seems that Leclerc was doing well on long runs.

pilotoCS likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The GOAT Lewis with green disappointing 6th place. Let’s see how he fairs tomorrow ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura likes this.
  5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I would say RBR out-foxed themselves as opposed to Max blowing it....

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Same for me.:(

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed- he is No Senna. The wet levels the field. Great driver though. He did win in the wet before.

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think the Merc has proven to be compromised by cold weather (refer to the second Silverstone this season). He out-qualified Bottas by 3 places so he took what he could get. Let’s see if he’s kept off the podium tomorrow before burying him.

Terra and kraftwerk like this.
  9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I would LOVE to see somebody else win. But, would you bet your own money that Lewis doesn't win? :rolleyes:o_O:(

10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I’d never bet against LH, but I think Max will be very hard to beat in these conditions.

11. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wow a great Q flying session that....let the H Haters gloat B, after all they don't get much to cheer about ;)

ricksb and william like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You cannot judge Hamilton on the practice and qualifs sessions of one GP held in dreadful conditions.
    Hamilton had a lot to lose by playing heroics, when the title is in sight. So holding tight and not trying hard today is understandable.
    I perfectly understand why Hamilton and Mercedes acted cautiously and kept their powder dry today, even if you don't.

Mark(study) likes this.
  13. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    No no, I wasn't speaking about Hamilton. It was about the fact that he seemed forgotten in 'our' posts. :D
    5 pages without comments on Elton, no positive, no negative. That's all I was saying.
    Btw, Hamilton had absolutely nothing to lose. You seriously believe Bottas still has a chance?
    Since you mentioned, my powder is dry and highly explosive!

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

"I can understand ... even if you don't", gettit ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for Hamilton, his lacklustre performance today didn't need any special comment.

Yes, he had something to lose. One false move today and he could have come off, damaged his car, ruined his race for tomorrow, etc ...

I notice he is on his last engine and there are still 4 GPs to run, so his interest if not to need a new PU, not to incur grid penalties, etc ...

At that level, a great driver has to use his head, and Hamilton is very good at that.

15. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Stewards do not penalize Stroll as tech data shows he did lift for yellow. Stroll stays on pole.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ricksb, tifosi12 and william like this.
  16. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Brilliant performance from Stroll to take his first F1 pole. Even as a Canadian F1 fan, I don't cheer for Stroll because of shared nationality and I think he's an average young driver - but his best performances often are in wet or changing conditions, so there is some talent there. This was well earned, not just luck - congrats to Stroll!

17. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Interesting qualifying today, last year’s Mercedes way in front of this year’s Mercedes, the “pay driver who in only there because his dad bought him a team” outqualifies The “GOAT” and Rain Master” by almost 5 seconds a lap. Funny times today and exposes some of myths that have been created during the crap turbo hybrid era. Tomorrow will probably by a 2020 Mercedes 1-2 like the rest of the turbo-hybrid era, but some entertaining banter sure to go on as a result of today’s qualifying.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

The real goat died 5/1/94 and you know it.

Picchu88 and 05011994 like this.
  19. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Absolutely!

20. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    The start should be interesting as Max will be ready to pounce on Stroll.

21. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Ironic, is it not ?

22. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

Proves stroll maybe a paid driver and makes mistakes but he is more than a Maldonado 2.0. He deserves a spot in a mid tier team.
    Can’t say Hamilton is overrated on ONE qualifying over 13 years but truly his driving today and set up wasn’t good. Never seen the GOAT Senna 5 seconds off the pace in the wet

24. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Given the conditions its apparent RedBull have an edge.............

25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Horner -
    "We struggled to turn the inter on compared to the extreme," admitted Horner. "Max had looked supreme in Q1 and Q2, and then he got caught behind Kimi for a couple of laps which didn't allow him to really turn the tyres on.

"Then that final lap, he had a snap and he lost about six-tenths of a second at Turn 7.