6 Speed Conversion | Page 23 | FerrariChat

6 Speed Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by rsmitchell10, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    Neither but given you told me to do my own research and find a $75,000 430, I did.

I found one that sold yesterday, is a 2005, has 50k miles, paint issues, shows as having 10 owners, has been repossessed, and gone through several auto auctions and it sold for $74,000.

How again are you coming up with the values you posited?

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    talking to dealers and wholesalers...i see a good flow of cars...

3. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Well sure seems like 10-20k mi F1 cars are around 90k and 50k mi cars are around 70k

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what is a 2k mile 08 spider red/tan with 275k sticker today?

5. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Wait an hour and check BaT. Should be pretty close to that + some for those looking for a spider. (if a manual)

Btw wow on 275k sticker.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i mean an f1

7. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    A wild guess would be north of 120k (basing off of 115k asking on eBay of some really, really high optioned F430 coupes)

8. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    Getting back on track, Art said on Tuesday that my car will be done this week and to set up transport for the weekend, which is done/paid for. Thankfully I found a single car enclosed to do the run so they can bring back all the old F1 parts.

Just waiting on the call regarding the cars completion but the car should be delivered by Monday.

Review to follow.

9. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Wow!!! Congratulations..... Let us know how it goes!

I'll just keep twiddling my thumbs.... 9.5 months and counting.....

Kevin

10. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Looks like Normal Guy Supercar partnered with Art. Fast forward to 4:15:

11. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #561 Flea7, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Who cares?:confused:

A desperate Youtuber trying to make a buck any way possible partnering up with a convicted felon. ......perfect match. o_O:confused:

rennspeed likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Wow were you born as ******* or did you become one over time?

13. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Rather unnecessary comment above. It does have to be said that Dan’s partnering with EAG unfortunately renders his opinions and reviews on his 599 conversion completely partial.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Both...but mainly over time knowing the history of the two.
    Do you always support convicted felons that cheat people out of their money? OH, ....but it's ok because your service was rendered.:rolleyes:

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The fact is he is not a convicted felon.

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Guys, the veracity of Flea7's post is up to you to decide, but calling him an ******* is still out of bounds.

1 day ban for ttforcefed for the personal attack.

D

rennspeed likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I mean I know u are trying ur best but this thread has been fights and nothing positive mostly lead by 2 guys fighting..
    I don’t enjoy supercar guy Dan and don’t know EAG and if the guy was/is a felon but why let such a nasty comment on? The guy is allowed for a second chance and if it’s not true it’s defamatory hurting(potentially) the guy’s business. This thread should just be about reviewing the product no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one4torque and brogenville like this.
  18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Because that's not how it works here.

A post that is speculation about non-members isn't out of bounds, even if in poor taste. A direct insult, aimed at a member is.

D

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'll add this, is these two guys can't get out of each other's way going forward, then maybe permanent thread bans will fix that.

now that I've been drawn in here from a post report, I'll get regular alerts as to content, so I'd advise both parties to back off.

D

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I find it in poor taste when someone is promoting a person or business when others are getting ripped off by them. It does not justify the commercialized promoting and name calling just because you received your services.

He has a history of fraud and he is a convicted felon from the info I've seen. The info attached has be made available on the forum before.

Dave, let me know if i'm out of bounds.

Attached Files:

rennspeed likes this.
  21. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    I’m a fan of Normal Guy Supercar’s 430 videos. I probably wouldn’t have bought a 430 without his channel and insight into ownership. I think it’s worth giving Dan a chance to see if he can help improve the logistics challenges EAG is having. It’s in the community’s interest to see them succeed.

Fred Daniali, catdog and one4torque like this.
  22. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Hey everyone, I'm a relatively new poster.

I purchased my car late Sep 2020 as an F1 (08 grigio silverstone spider), due to EAG indicating availability to do the conversion relatively soon, I sent the car directly there for said conversion.

I think it would be unreasonable to expect a fast turnaround considering the size of their operation and complexity of the job. A local shop who has done conversions on front engined ferraris indicated it would probably take a few months, so I knew what to expect and I am patiently waiting.

Along the way, mechanical issues were discovered and EAG (shout out to David) was extremely helpful in assisting me with addressing this.

In addition to having the conversion done, 3 weeks wait time was added waiting for parts from eurospares, and with the Thanksgiving shutdown, current estimate is 10-12 weeks total. It seems to me they are all working very hard there, and taking everything into account, this doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I just read through this whole thread, thanks everyone for all the feedback. I am predominantly, if not entirely, interested in feedback from people who have had the conversion and their experience with the result. Thank you to those of you who have shared yours, I believe I saw about 4 or 5. Are there any others (pics appreciated)

Also, has anyone had to have anything done to their conversion after the fact? or its been solid? I'm in NJ and hope I won't have to have the car sent back to TX for any reason, or to fly one of their techs out here, etc.

Posting a couple 'before' pics, I always like to see pics of people's cars

I will post 'after pics here when I get it Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-N975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Convicted a not that’s nothing to do with the quality of his work.
    Pretty clear u can’t please everyone but that also ppw seems to be difficult. Anyways if he is a convicted felon I’d not piss him off;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Too many keyboard cow boys!

I’m sure if we all met up face to face things would be more respectable.

gl to all w skin in the game.....

25. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    My car is being picked up today, I’ll have a thorough review shortly thereafter.