replacing 308 GT4 Dino choke cable | FerrariChat

replacing 308 GT4 Dino choke cable

Discussion in '308/328' started by miahshodan, Nov 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    The choke cable on my 75 is broken at the control. How do I get to it to fix it. I can see it through the whole for the ashtray. Do I get to it from below the car or remove the center console?

2. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    You need to lift up the center console in order to get at the back of the lever where the cable is clamped. Why do you want to replace it? Many owners feel it is unnecessary and may promote imbalance of carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

miahshodan likes this.
  3. Rolly

Rolly Rookie

May 6, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    I've had my 75 for 19 years and was taught never to use the choke. Turn on the ignition, let the fuel pump build pressure for 15 seconds or so...pump the pedal 3 o4 4 times and it starts. Usually every time....if not, repeat and it catches.

miahshodan likes this.
  4. SamN

SamN Rookie

Oct 27, 2015
    modesto califorinia
    The car did you a favor. Do not bother to re connect it. Like others have commented, you are not supposed to use the choke. Look up Ian Tyrrell on you tube and his thoughts on Webber carbs and chokes. I just had my carbs rebuilt by Mike Pierce, put them on without attaching the choke cable. Rolly is exactly right on starting procedure. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Kindest Regards,

Sam

miahshodan likes this.
  5. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    thanks all, The car starts fine, but idles at 3,000 rpm when warm, or dies when idling when cold. I was hoping having an operational choke would allow me to turn the idle down, but sounds like I just need to deal with the other carb issues.