Wanted - Aston Martin DB9 | FerrariChat

Wanted Aston Martin DB9

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Chrisv123, Nov 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chrisv123

Chrisv123 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chris Veit
    Hi all,
    Wondering what you would value a manual DB9 at? Considering buying one and am just curious since there seems to be little out there.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    What year?

3. Chrisv123

Chrisv123 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chris Veit
    Any year!

4. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I have a 2007 6spd Manual Sport Pack w/29000 miles. I believe the number currently is somewhere in the $48-55k range. Personally, I wouldn’t sell mine in that range. It’s worth far more than that to me!!! Amazing car.

jim

tfazio, 71Satisfaction and Chrisv123 like this.
  5. Chrisv123

Chrisv123 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chris Veit
    Well if you ever change your mind, I would love to have a chance! Thank you Jim

6. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Are there any recommended extended warranty companies for Astons?

7. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Sport Auto had an 07 Sport Pack manual for $75k for about a year. I haven't seen one for sale since, so kicking myself. I doubt they got that, but it left their site in the spring. With a strong/renewed interest in sport cars, I think that car would pull about that much today. The next alternative would be a DBS manual and those are all $120k-130k

71Satisfaction and Chrisv123 like this.
  8. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Unlike Ferrari, Aston said it will "always" offer a stick, so don't pay a crazy premium for one on a DB9.
    As a 2009 DB9 owner, the car is more suited to a GT lifestyle than a sports car, like my 360 Spider. I rarely use the paddle shifters at all as it really is an automatic transmission; unlike Ferrari's. The DB9 V12 sort of spools up as you mash the throttle and then zoom! Very different feel. If you are looking for an investment go with a Vanquish, DBS or a Virage in that order. You will pay a premium for those.

9. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Chrisv123 likes this.
  10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

I completely agree... And say that about any car. Never believe an auto manufacture.

However mercedes just bought a huge chunk of aston...

It's going to be 4.0 v8s from here on out with dual clutches

11. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Took mine out today for a drive, washed it and have it tucked away for the next nice day. (Hopefully we have a few more!)
    Here's a pic from a couple weeks ago to keep the OP inspired!

Jim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

aseweepay, epah, pearsonhaus and 5 others like this.
  12. Chrisv123

Chrisv123 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chris Veit
    Jim,

You definitely have me inspired...

Hopefully I have some good news this week!

71Satisfaction, Julia and jimshadow like this.
  13. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    You are right to seek a DB9 with a manual transmission. Truly an affordable "unicorn" that transforms the driving experience of the model range vs the auto box - and allows the magnificent V12 to truly come alive. You won't regret the purchase, and the manual will help sell the car should you decide to move on to something else. Most who own the three pedal cars do not part with them as some posting here will attest to.

I would strongly suggest getting a copy of "The Definitive Guide to Gaydon Era Aston Martin". A comprehensive read that will help you choose the model, year and options.
    https://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Gaydon-Aston-Martin-ebook/dp/B07JNB6SLF

Have fun shopping!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    LOL - jumping on the inspirational bandwagon. Here's our one of seven '07 6-speed manual coupes, in Heritage 'Chiltern Green' out for another fantastic drive...
    As said above definitely a GT experience compared to a Ferrari-type or Porsche Carrera chassis tuning, more like a classic Maserati, but has no real trouble keeping up in any company. You choose your line carefully and use its dynamics to your advantage. GT is the type of dynamic I prefer. They are extremely photogenic... and this is the one car that gets more spontaneous female attention than all our others combined.

My 2 Cents: Take one for a test drive. It took me more than 2 drives to really get to enjoy the performance they offer. By that time the seller let me take alone, no awkward concerns with someone else in the car. I bought our 6-speed privately December 2015, in upstate NY. Be aware: This time of year, the cold temperatures stiffen the bushings had result in a harsher drive than you might expect. In cold weather, speeds below 40mph will telescope every road imperfection, it needs a good 20-30 minutes to warm up the suspension and once over 45mph it starts coming into its own. If the road feels harsh, you're not driving fast enough.. LOL.. just drive faster.

Happy Hunting!
    - Art

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    I looked at many for many months before I changed direction and bought my 456GT....

The asking prices are all over the place, a fair range is $45K to $75K depending on year, options and condition. I had found a 2005 out of Atlanta for $50K, but it had a prior accident and no documentation on what that accident entailed.

It's really going to be what you can find (there are very few options for 6spd Manual), and definitely see it in person. I found one 2007 with Sport Pak in North Carolina...went to drive it and found a beautiful exterior but a marginal interior with the alcantara headliner completely detached and hanging down... and a marginal clutch actuation. They were asking $70K......and non-negotiable pretty much......

71Satisfaction and tantumaude like this.
  16. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Wow! I've only seen this yellow on the vantage - can you share background and any other pics? Sorry to geek out, but I can't believe how good it looks in yellow :)

jimshadow likes this.
  17. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    I bought my 550 well after the DB9. It is a precision tool vs the Aston, but not as easy to care for. Both fit their niche - and neither can be parted with. Of course that's the way I feel about most of the cars that have come my way...

71Satisfaction and Chrisv123 like this.
  18. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    @JohnnyRay..... I know what you mean...that's why I have 7 cars and 4 motorcycles.... I can buy...but I cannot part with...

19. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #19 jimshadow, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Thank you for the excitement. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car!!!!
    To my knowledge, it is the ONLY Sunburst Yellow 6Spd Manual Sport Pak optioned car made in 2007, (and possibly the entire production run). I would love to better verify this, but that's what I can discern so far. Back in 2017 I re-did the head liner in a double stitched diamond patter. I'm in awe every time I get in it.....seriously cool. :). Oh, and a highly polished DBS Shifter is a MUST HAVE!

I am the 3rd owner. I friend of mine was the 2nd. He was a single anesthesiologist at the time and would have me care for the car when he took trips, which he did frequently. I have pics of the car in my garage that date back to late 2009 when I was detailing as a hobby. The running joke at the time was that I was putting more miles on it than he was. We had a handshake agreement that when it was time to part with it, I got 1st right of refusal. He honored that and I bought it. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

71Satisfaction and TroyNVie like this.
  20. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    If you are looking for an investment go with a Vanquish, DBS or a Virage in that order. You will pay a premium for those.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2009-aston-martin-dbs-6/ Sold for $136.5K

I think you could have 90% of the fun for half the price.
    My DB9 (with Sport Pack) is same year and lower miles. Agreed value is $62K

71Satisfaction and JohnnyRay like this.