Early Testarossa aftermarket wheels, any info? | FerrariChat

Early Testarossa aftermarket wheels, any info?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by c4b4the04, Nov 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    When I bought my car these wheels were included. I was told they were Speedlines but I have my doubts. They are chromed and in decent shape. No curb rash but the chrome shows 3 decades of age.

They are stock 16” diameter and staggered front to rear stock widths. I’m really curious what these are. Rearranging my storage space right now and have them in the light of day at the moment. Incredibly small hole for air valve, worth mentioning.

Any info from the great TR masters would be useful. Thanks all! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    In case this wasn’t clear, these adapt to the monodado hubs of the first Testarossa’s through early 88.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My original wheels for my 87 are by OZ and have Ferrari embossed in them.

c4b4the04 likes this.
  4. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Lol just realized you're asking about aftermarket, not originals. My bad. :)

5. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    Still good info, thanks. I know my wheels on the car are factory, as they're marked clearly. These crazy things are marking free, almost like they were custom made. The word gaudy describes them nicely, as of the TR was understated and needed 'bling'! I'm wondering if there was ever any advertising for these or similar wheels back in the mid 80's

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat