'68 V.W. Turbo Crewcab | FerrariChat

'68 V.W. Turbo Crewcab

Discussion in 'Other German' started by gumbajv, Nov 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    My '68 Crewcab powered by a modified '79 930 3.3 turbo motor with approximately 400 c.h.p., 915 trans by Wevo, brake and suspension up grades. My last suspension project involved swapping out the bus beam for a 935 front suspension setup. ERP 935 control arms, Smart Racing/Fox shocks coilover struts w/double adjustable shocks, Jerry Woods camber boxes & plates, Wilwood 4 piston calipers. Also used Smart Racing/Fox shocks double adjustable shocks, with a combination torsion bars & coilovers in the rear. Finished the corner balance this morning, and will drive it around to get the shocks dialed in. Fun stuff.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

AFKC, F40org, C50 and 2 others like this.
  2. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Did you do the transplant or have someone do it? I remember an article in European Car where there was someone in Germany (maybe?) doing these.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
  4. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Nice!!!!! Had a friend do similar to his bus. He did it himself borrowing the lifts in my other friends shop. He was a mechanic at the shop, in his early 20's at the time. He was into illegal street racing. After a few outings nobody would race him in that bus. It was pretty fast.