My 360 Conversion | FerrariChat

My 360 Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by zipperkarting, Nov 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zipperkarting

zipperkarting Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Supersprint Headers
    I have to admit I'm a coward!
    One of the parts I wanted to replace on my 360 was the headers as part of the complete exhaust change out.
    I bought a used set of Supersprint from the US and intended to fit this along with my Timate titanium rear box and sports cats.
    However the technician couldn't fit the headers as the connections were not compatible. I contacted Supersprint and they suggested I could fit them but I would need to cut off the 3-bolt connector from the cats and I am not prepared to do this.
    Fortunately a UK company advertised a pair of stainless tubular manifolds at a good price so I bit the bullet and bought them. Just got to decide whether I will attempt fitting them myself or get the garage to do them?
    Challenge Stradale front bumper/spoiler
    Okay so I like the look of the Challenge Stradale front bumper with eyebrows. The cost of the factory part and even aftermarket parts is prohibitive. I've found a guy in France that will exchange my stock bumper/spolier for a copy Stradale one with a reasonable additional cost.
    What I would like to ask you guys is has anyone just changed the front bumper on their 360 without changing the sideskirts and do they look aesthetically pleasing or not.
    If anyone has a pic or two it would be helpful.
    My car is looking good and I don't want to ruin the looks. Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I can't comment on much, but the header install. It's fairly straightforward; some nuts/studs can be difficult to reach but you'll certainly save a significant amount of money doing it yourself. If that's not a bother, it would save frustration to just have someone do it for you. However the sense of personal satisfaction/accomplishment of saying "yeah wasn't too big a job, knocked it out myself" is always a motivating factor for me when it comes to really anything automotive.

greg328 likes this.
  3. duck.co.za

duck.co.za Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Cape Town South Afri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Do a search , there was a guy making and selling the add on piece for your front bumper to make it look like a Strad . It was glued to your existing bumper and then filled and sprayed , may work out cheaper .

4. duck.co.za

duck.co.za Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Cape Town South Afri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It was rizzo308

5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    FYI the Supersprint manifolds must be fitted with their cats or cat delete pipe: part of their increased power gain comes from a larger diameter pipe from collector to cat entry.

armedferret likes this.
  6. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Curious did super sprint refund you the price of the headers? How did you work out the labor cost at the mechanic for that?

7. zipperkarting

zipperkarting Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    I didn't buy the headers new. The cost of fitting the cats and titanium silencers was very reasonable at a Citroen dealership. I've yet to get the manifolds fitted but I'm tempted to do them myself.