Brake master cylinder diagram? | FerrariChat

Brake master cylinder diagram?

Discussion in '308/328' started by rjd2, Nov 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjd2

rjd2 Karting

Jul 28, 2016
    Hey folks, so I pulled my MC today, and have a rebuild kit en route, for my '78 GTS. I got the unit disassembled, but google/forumsearch/WSM/birdman site are all coming up goose egg on a diagram of the MC internals itself. I THINK I've got the layout close, in order of part disassembly, but I'd really love to work off of a diagram. Anyone have one knocking around anywhere? Thanks if so!

(PS-got my rebuilt calipers installed, new ceramic pads in place, and suspension all rebuilt and torque to spec, maybe I'll have wheels on this thing by Friday!!!!)

2. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Try search. I posted a rebuild photo shoot a while back.

3. rjd2

rjd2 Karting

Jul 28, 2016
    Thanks-I tried a forum search, as well as a search with your user name, and I only come up with 2 threads, neither of which are the thread with your pics. Any leads on keywords? or a link? thanks!

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I could be wrong but I believe there is info on the WSM

5. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    rjd2 likes this.
  6. rjd2

rjd2 Karting

Jul 28, 2016
    YES!!! Man, a picture truly is worth a thousand words. When the pistons come out, the whole assembly of washers and springs just spits itself everywhere. I can KIND of intuit the assembly, but I'd love to just do this once, rather than disassemble it and do it 2 or 3 times. Pictures worth a thousand words, THANKS!!!

FTR-I can't find any diagrams in the WSM.

waymar likes this.
  7. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Is a little strange that they included such a good figure of the "DEVICE for LIGHT SIGNAL of DIFFERENT OIL PRESSURE" and nothing for the Master Cylinder, but, IME, they often don't repeat information that is already in the technical library. You might have a look a the figure of the Master Cylinder in the 246 WSM -- don't know if it's exactly the same, or not, but it's more than nothing.

rjd2 likes this.
  8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

waymar and absostone like this.
  9. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher