812 VS Rumors | Page 111 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The initial info I heard on the car suggested both will be numbered but the Aperta would be considerably rarer. Since then I only hear about the Aperta being numbered, no news on coupe

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I would love to be offered an allotment for having an 812SF in my garage and not needing other cars. I have my doubts though

3. BATM4N

BATM4N Rookie

Oct 12, 2013
    My dealer is starting to play the games for allocation in 2021, hinting i need to add to the Speciale, Lusso V12 and GTS to qualify for the 812 VS. My target is the 812 Aperta not sure whether to play the game or not. if yes not sure I'm interested interested in F8,Sf90. my mistake was not adding a TDF or GTO during march lockdowns.

PTG1, Art_collector and of2worlds like this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    There is good reason to believe the 812VS will time limited, not numbered, if so, ordering prerequisites will be minimal if any...

The good reasons includes Ferrari is a public company, in business to make a profit and earn shareholder regard;
    It will be difficult to price it over the SF90 so that effectively caps the 812VS price at TDF (msrp) levels (i.e. need higher production to meet revenue goals)

And the 812VS-Spider (not Aperta-implies numbered) could be same, just like the Pista, not numbered, only time limited

I think numbered editions will only exist for Iconas and Hypercars

PTG1, ScrappyB, LARRYH and 4 others like this.
  5. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The Aperta will be number limited. 100% confirmed at present. Cannot guarantee they won’t change their mind tomorrow but the current plan is for a numbered limited edition

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    as in 1 of 812 builds or car #54 etc. ???

7. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I agree 100% with your logic but I think they gain more by limiting the VS.

Ferrari can't afford to piss off its high end buyer pool again after doing it with the Pista. Or do you think they really don't care?

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I don't think that factors into their thinking at all.

Ferrari needs to find a new type of buyer, one willing to put up with no-sound, electrified Ferrari's, and their existing clientele is not a good match moving forward.

Unfortunately the EU's regulations are going to necessitate a new development strategy for Ferrari to survive.

So, at this point, I think the more cars they can sell the better for them, from that perspective there is no need to number any editions other than the multi-million dollar models.

PTG1, ScrappyB, Eilig and 7 others like this.
  9. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It makes no financial sense for Ferrari to limit any VS of the 812. It will , due to legislation , be time limited anyway. After that, they will be no more. They cannot use the engine for anything else, so max out now. Why turn away any order ? To avoid upsetting people ? Has not stopped them churning out Pista. Why worry about 812 clients? As mentioned above, the clients for these cars are un likely to be interested in a silent electric Ferrari anyway. 10 years is nothing in car development terms . Ferrari will transition through turbo and hybrid before, like everyone else going full electric in 2030. It makes GPF filter discussions seem tame. Who wants a silent Ferrari How will Ferrari (and Lambo) define themselves when the beating heart is ripped out ? The luxury brands are well ahead, they always needed silent powertrains and defined themselves with high quality luxury interiors (Rolls steering away from the ipad interior too) , electric does not change their brand as such. But Ferrari ? What does an electric Ferrari mean ? I always though Sergio was maxxing out right now, and would have sold out before that moment arrived. Maybe they still will. But back to 812 VS, not a hope they will miss one extra car sale , they will build all they can. SF90 is delayed (any cars delivered yet ) , Roma is a hard sell (nice car, difficult segment) , Lusso is dead, F8 is slow too, Portofino, well that was a M or m . Where can they make money ? 812 VS. Maybe another Icon car . It is not about Ferrari upsetting the client base, they have already done that, but they don't care as such. Not in a rude or nasty way, but in a tactical way Because most people on here are the old clients, we are not the future. Look how many chats there are about exhaust sound. Well that rules everyone out of a Tesla type Ferrari. So, be happy they might build loads (within reason of time) 812 VS, as it will be the last time you can buy a huge V12. It will be cheap enjoyment too if you keep it for 20 years. Just think of it like this, you wear your Apple watch to work, but at the weekend you get the Patek Tourbillon out. If Ferrari build 2000 or 3000 812 VS why stress . With nearly 8 billion people on the planet, it is pretty damn exclusive. In 5 years a 6.5 litre V12 NA will seem a long lost dream. Some will chase the latest technology, electric and all, some will change priorities and interest.

The youth of the day will laugh at us with our outdated toys but be secretly yearning for the day one of us dies so they can have a sniff of owning one .

The 812 VS will be a fitting end I am sure, though some may choose to revisit the TDF methinks.

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Well said.

355TDI, Bundy and Thecadster like this.
  11. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Limiting a car drives demand. It guarantees quick sell out and creates demand for the next in the series. That plague attracts collectors not just buyers. Ferrari has no problem with their marketing strategy. They will pick which has a plaque and they will sell out anything that's called a VS. Time limiting is not a real construct - just a marketing ploy. Its code for a car that will be hard to get, require other purchases and will in the end not maintain a premium compared to an actual LE.

PTG1 likes this.
  12. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Respectfully disagree, there are still some of us (the youth) that have no interest in these soulless electric cars unless their commuter vehicles, just a product to get you from A to B. We still want a Ferrari as they were, a Porsche with a manual and a NA flat six. I know I am in the minority of my generation but enthusiasts still exist among us. Not everyone is interested in driving the latest gadget with 2000hp+ and 0-62 in less than 2 seconds simply to post it on social media and impress strangers. Some of us still love cars, albeit the minority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, khal360, herenow and 11 others like this.
  13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Sheesh, how many cars do you need to buy in order to qualify for the 812 VS??

Bundy, Thecadster, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  14. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    "...just one more..."
    -every salesman

15. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    The reason why I buy a Roma, F8, portofino M isn’t because I want to keep that kind of car long term. Is because I wanna get the 812VS and the next special Ferrari. So if they are going to make it not limited in production or numbered I think they will lose a lot of sales order on the next generation cars (f8,Roma,Porto ect.)

Don’t forget the highest clients at Ferrari buy almost all the models to buy then the most expensive Ferrari. If you can get things this easy (like the pista) what will be the reason then to keep buying them all? I think this is the main reason why Ferrari wil keep it a sort of limited car. If they don’t do it, they lose a lot of orders on other car types as well in the further. For myself I think this group of people is around 500.

So 500 people buying around 1500-2000 cars (a year) 15-20% of the production to get the special car I don’t think Ferrari would pissed them off.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    They’ll buy them to get the laferrari replacement.

Thecadster likes this.
  17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    As in „1 Of XXX”

F140C, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  18. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Very true. I would add that there are a lot more enthusiasts among the younger generation than one might think. I for sure have no interest in an 2000 hp electric car.

19. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Of course there are exceptions, as you say you are in the minority of your generation. My son is mid 20's but has rebuilt a 250 TR engine amongst many other multi million dollar F cars, so I know there are still "youngsters" who desire the oil and gas smell !. You need to note my near final comment , about waiting for us to die to get one of these cars. Maybe It was too subtle. Trust me there will be more than enough people of your generation, like you, who desire these final cars of the IC era. They will be sought after. Far more than today I have no doubt. Because electric has no soul . You will be the stand out , and well done for that. Get in now while they are still cheap !

stavura, ScrappyB, Bundy and 4 others like this.
  20. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Trying my best to save up and get in now! And I agree with everything you said, now is the time to buy.. later will be more expensive. Also, I didn’t catch your final note! But again, very much agree.

montpellier and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    At 26 I bought my first Ferrari this year. I’d count myself in the younger generation who will continue to want ICEs. I believe there are more of us than people tend to think, at least in the US.

22. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Here in Europe as well.

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Well they better speak up or they will be over-run by electric fanatics...

mclaren slr likes this.
  24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #2774 day355, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Ferrari comes to a crossroads, and I have a distinct impression that they don't know what to do. they rely heavily on marketing to gain acceptance for new products, and enthusiasts like us get confused.
    the first real test for them is the F 8 replacement . They are not optimistic ... the sound will enter the passenger compartment artificially, because from the outside you can only hear the gearbox, the noises of which have been amplified to give the illusion.
    812 Evoluzione, competizione or other is the last representative of a line as we know and love it. the car is very impressive and we are, in my opinion, at the limit of this architecture. I wish all those who can obtain it, as Montpellier said so well, a unique pleasure that we will no longer available in this raw form.

25. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    So in other words the mule in the several YouTube videos referred to as "V6 hybrid mule" is not the F8 replacement? Because when you say that you can't hear the engine from the outside that for sure doesn't match with what is noticeable in the videos.