What is your best car story? | FerrariChat

What is your best car story?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by imahorse, Nov 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    As the title says, what is your best car story? There has to be some good ones on here.

I'll start.

Being blue collar in a blue collar town, I try to be under the radar with my cars. Few of my co-workers know what I have. I was out driving in my 360 and my co-worker saw me. Let's call him John. John is a body builder, an mma fighter trainer, and currently in a biker club (not one of the friendly ones). A few weeks later he messaged me asking if I was going to be at work the next day. I told him I was and asked him why. He said we'll talk tomorrow. It was really strange and I couldn't really think of what he could want. I get to work and everyone tells me that he is looking for me. I eventually find him and ask what is going on. He tells me that we will meet in an unused room during break. My mind eventually starts to panic a little bit, as he is definitely not someone you want to have a problem with. After what feels like an eternity it is break time and I meet him in the room. He tells me to have a seat and asks me to think of the last person I screwed over. I'm drawing blanks. It goes on for a couple minutes before he tells me he is just messing with me. It was quite a relief and being a jokester at work, I kind of had it coming. He goes on to tell me how it is his high school reunion coming up and needs a cool car to drive and that he would gladly pay for it. I definitely don't want a door ding and mysterious stains on my car so I start thinking of how to get out of this. Then, a light bulb went on. I had another friend we'll call Bill. Bill has a viper and never has any money. He refinanced it into oblivion because of his poor work ethic and not being able to hold a job. I'm growing tired of hearing him whine and complain about all of the financial issues he brings on himself. Perfect. I get them in touch. I kill 2 birds with one stone. Bill is truly gifted with his eye for detail and writes up a very thorough contract. I go off to Michigan for a weekend getaway that night and at the hotel I get a text from Bill saying how John wrapped it around a telephone pole. At first I assumed it was another prank. It unfortunately wasn't. Bill called the cops and filed a report. Little did I know the mess that would follow. Feeling somewhat guilty for facilitating the situation I offer to help source parts and help rebuild the car for free. John says he'll pay what he has to. Both say I don't need to be involved but I get dragged into the middle. Bill starts coming up with different money figures. John keeps telling me something isn't adding up. A few weeks later I figure out one of them is lying and I don't know who. I start asking Bill questions and he admits that he got an insurance payout for the damage and won't say how much and then blocks my number. John finds that out and still offers a decent chunk of money on top of the payout. Bill lawyers up and takes it to court to try and get as much money as possible. Bill ended up getting nothing from John and is now sueing the insurance company. Not all that surprising since he got the car from a lawsuit. It was a wild ride. I once considered starting a rental company and whatever desire I had vanished after this ordeal.

Andynyc, tbuff, RedNeck and 2 others like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Wow crazy story! Glad the f car was saved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imahorse likes this.
  3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    We are commonly considered as who our friends are. I wouldn't associate with bill at all from now on.

Natkingcolebasket69 and imahorse like this.
  4. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I have not. He later (via a third party, I'm still blocked on everything) posted the supercharger bits for sale saying he was going turbo.

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A couple paragraphs would make that easier to read, if you can still edit it.

6. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    ouch.

7. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    This thread is for car stories. Good stories take a little while to read. If you want posts that only take 15 seconds to get through, try tik tok.

Andynyc and RedNeck like this.
  8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
  9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I think he meant to break up your contents into paragraphs, so it becomes easier to read for audiences.

Nospinzone likes this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yes I got community service, fines and 1 year probation. After 5 years of being a good boy they expunged my record.

IloveGT and imahorse like this.
  12. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    That was quite an epic story. Thank you for sharing! Teach us your blackjack tricks!

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sorry, maybe I didn't express myself properly. I didn't mean to shorten the story. I just meant if you used a couple paragraphs instead of one very long one, it is physically easier to read, such as what I did to your post below.

It was a very good story, it's just that sometimes it was hard to find the next line.

papou, imahorse, TTR and 1 other person like this.
  14. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    On my first date with an 18 year old girl who would eventually become my wife, we went to a local bar. After too many drinks, on the way to her home I stopped at the top of a bridge to answer a call of nature. While doing my business over the top of the bridge rail, I noticed my TR3 was starting to roll ( I had left the car in neutral, engine running, without setting the hand brake). Had to run after the rapidly increasing TR and was able to jump in and save the situation ( TR3 had cutaway doors). Date was passed out and remembers nothing.

Nospinzone and imahorse like this.
  15. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
  16. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    I was thinking about "my best Ferrari story", but kept coming up with an event years ago, more of a dumb and dumber story.
    Having newly acquired a fix-it-upper Ferrari, I began with stripping out the interior for the "Leatherique" treatment...including the seats.
    Of course, it took months, and the car had to move around occasionally, so I had used a tool box for a seat, as in "what could possibly go wrong"?
    One fine fall morning, starting the car and moving it out of the garage, first gear, I hit the brakes, and the tool box trips over backwards. I fall ass-backwards away from the pedals, gear shift, key etc. as the Ferrari merrily heads towards the boxwood hedges. Seconds later, I am stalled out, with the Ferrari, nose up, on the now run-over boxwoods. A fellow's mind races as to what to tell the wife , the next door boxwood neighbors, the auto body repair guys?
    "Car malfunction", of course. It's an Italian car, don't you know.

imahorse likes this.
  17. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    That could have happened to anyone. It's unfortunate, but definitely an interesting story

18. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Lol. I thought the same thing. Tough to read that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk