Car Storage | FerrariChat

Car Storage

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by gef3rd, Nov 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    I’m thinking about opening a car storage facility in Huntington Beach. The facility would be located off Beach Boulevard on Warner Avenue. I would initially be putting in 20 Bendpak 3 car lifts, or space for 60 cars. I’m trying to gauge the level of interest. I also have the ability to expand to 120 cars. Would anybody be interested in such a facility? If so, would $300 a car per month seem reasonable? Thanks.

2. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    Although I'm not in your area I am looking for space.. Still, again and always ;)

At $300.00 month as long as the car's were not moved by anyone else and an outlet for a trickle charger was available I'd consider it at the higher end but fair.

If there was a discount for multiple cars and or an annual payment that would be a help.

Good luck with the project!!!

3. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    #3 gef3rd, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    My plan is that cars will only be moved by owner. If I’m moving cars that’s a liability insurance issue. Trickle chargers and security monitoring will be provided. I know there are OC dealerships charging between $400-450/month that are east of the 405. You do bring up a good point. If a client only has one car, that car would have to be moved if any car above/below it needs to be accessed. I have to figure that one out. Maybe I only rent out in sets of three? Thanks.

4. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    $300/mo is a little high for the area, unless you're making a very nice space with social area etc..

5. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    The space is just car storage. The main access is through a centered roll up gate with cars located on either side the length of the space. The space is 75 feet wide, each lift is approximately 20 feet long, which leaves 35 feet in the center to maneuver cars. I might be able to provide a small seating area and there is a restroom on premises.

6. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    Storage is storage and the club / social motorsports facilities are a different animal.

7. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    What will access be like? I have mine at a storage facility in Gardena and pay about $300 per month for each car. I have 2 units with electric and a tender on each. Access is 6am - 9pm every day of the week via keypad.

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    $300 is a bit low, but fair. There are plenty of people out there that need space.

9. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    I live in HB and would be very interested. I have a couple friends who would also have quite a bit of interest.

10. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    300 is a very good price. Haven’t seen it that low yet