F8 or STO? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    A lot of unticking. Not the most straightforward thing

2. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I believe that is correct, the Performante and STO being performance variants. My understanding is the EVO is a mid-cycle refresh for the Huracan, with one more coming in 2023 (don't hold me to this).

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I am 6'2" and fit decent/poor in the spyder. The coupe has MUCH more room so you will not have an issue.
    STO has different seats than the Perf, thank god. Hopefully better comfort.

4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I have long legs, so I have to crank the seat all the way back which causes an upright driver's position. Maybe I'm spoiled because of the 458.

Sorry I mislead - I'm looking at a Spyder (coupe fits fine but would be illegal here in FL). Dealer in Charlotte will be getting some in with the sport seats - that's my best chance. I should know when I'm back up there in mid-December......

IloveGT and dustman like this.
  5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #105 IloveGT, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    same here. I already gave up on lambo for my body build. 458 SA and 812 GTS is what I want and can sit well.

6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    It seems Lambo took a page from Ferrari’s playbook with promo images and a configurator that uses renderings having a much lower ride height and larger wheels than reality. If only the actual car had that stance.... my deposit would be in. As it stands, I’m still struggling with some of the proportions at the rear. I need to digest the styling a little while longer.

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Anyone make a good looking gulf-livery style (that’s better than the announce car image?)

9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Lots of cool/interesting renders being posted from outlandish to stealth. I can dig the Blu Sideris/Nethuns, Viola Parsifae even the Grigio Lynx/Titans

Add yellow accents like Sam suggested. Are you going carbon fiber for the Cofango trim, rear diffuser, snorkel, wing, shark fin?

Maro Engel, the AMG GT3 factory driver, laid down a masterclass drive in the Black Series. There were some hair-raising moments when he went over the wet spots on the track.

The EVO sports seats apparently provide an extra 2" and drivers over 6 foot are fitting in fine. Assume the STO seats will be the same height or even lower. Ultimately it depends on your body habitus.

Huracan ---> Perf

Huracan Super Trofeo Evo ---> STO

Thecadster likes this.
  10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m still tempted to do something like this. Nero Pulso exterior. Rosso Alala interior.

11. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Andynyc, Shack and Thecadster like this.
  12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Batmobile. I dig it

13. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Had time to go through the order guide. Some highlights:

-There's a package for painted logo/stickers for $44k, yikes.
    -Standard seats are the old SV/Perf buckets, new sport seat is a $8k option. I was told there was only one seat option.
    -Rear spoiler does not come in carbon, you have to option it. This one is bizarre.
    -Lift is an option, this should be standard.
    -No option for black roof/engine cover. Probably have to go through AdP.
    -Only Gold wheels are magnesium and cost $18k, very misleading because Lamborghini made it sound like both wheel option were magnesium.
    -No premium audio.

The Performante was a bargain compared to this car. I think at this point it's a cash grab, the order guide is loaded up with expensive options and packages. The question is what are the "must have" options because you can easily spend close to $100k just on options. Unforuntley there's going to be owners out there that will tick every option and they'll be holding the bag once prices start dipping. I have until Saturday to finalize my spec, a lot to consider.

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Where do you see prices?
    Was told orders not taken till next year.
    Regarding options....have you ever built a ferrari?! OMG what they charge.

15. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Dealer sent me the price guide. I was going to get my dealers market intro car but I want to spec my own car so technically I'm getting the first customer car so I need to lock in my spec.

Lol, I have but Lambo was generous with standard options in the past. My SV and Perf didn't have a huge list of cost options.

16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Everyone else charges for a lift. Why do people keep saying lift should be no cost option ??

17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Especially since the STO is a track purpose car. Some would not want the weight penalty of a lift.

18. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    #120 SLDriver, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    The order guide released to dealers last month had the lift as standard.

Batmobile spec :eek:

Attached Files:

Loxo, uhn2000, Andynyc and 4 others like this.
  19. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    #121 nickorette, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Two words: NA V10

Race credentials, RWD, exhaust note, capable, the STO is the fizz that's been missing from the continuously refined vehicles with GPF's, hybrid systems and turbos. With gas powered cars getting banned in 10-20 years and a long laundry list of more emissions restrictions, cars like this will simply not exist anymore. They will become heavier, quieter and less engaging until we are in an souless all-electric dystopia.

I ordered an EVO RWD Spyder this year because I already have two coupe's (and want one more) but wanted an open top option in the stable so there isn't too much overlap. But if I didn't have or want the Spyder the STO would be my other option. Same engine and exhaust and don't track my cars, so EVO RWD probably better fit for me anyways

Ash Patel likes this.
  20. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Same HP as the Super Trofeo. GT3 cars don't have crazy horsepower, it's about aero, grip, etc.

0-62 in 3 seconds being RWD & NA is commendable imo

21. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Exactly - hence why we need to buy everything we can afford until it ends. Pity the children going forward - dreaming of an "app on wheels" - what a Big Brother future :( :(

Loxo, nickorette, Ryan13 and 2 others like this.
  22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wow! Where did you get those pictures? They are not from the online configurator right?