What happened to Ricambi? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

What happened to Ricambi?

Discussion in '348/355' started by chopsui, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I love Ferrari, but they are a terrible company...they could care less about their clients, its almost as if its a "privilege" they made the car...going after small suppliers that make our lives easier for their cars that break and break and break..

I had to get a fuel injector for my 458 and Ferrari only sells the entire fuel rail they won't sell injector alone now, luckily a supplier in the UK had some left over i bought the last 2 just for good measure. Just think all the broken crap manifolds they put in the 360 430 then they want $20k for a new manifold, all the 458 and california DCT trans sensor problems but they want thousands for the parts & used to force you to have to get a new trans ...

ok..rant over*

Qavion and greg328 like this.
  2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As a side note, Ferrari does not make the injectors Bosch typically does, same for most electronic bits like ignitions and coils and fuel pumps etc does you can cross reference the part almost certainly. 348 Ferrari O2 sensor $750 same part from Bosch used in Volvos and others from Rock Auto $75. Unless something is very different in 458 world you should be able to do some homework and find many of the same OEM part just not in a Ferrari box for cheap. The part numbers are usually on the components, not always but usually. Of course you have to install it your self. Now its not true of all parts but many consumable parts, ohh yes.

Tarek307 likes this.
  3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Perhaps. Perhaps something else. Just seems odd to me that all the other still have the diagrams up.

4. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    #104 asgor, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    None of the other parts suppliers seem to have been affected at all. Not even one.

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Your point is exactly what? Is it that I'm a dumb schmuck who followed the advice of my lawyers? Yup. That's certainly it.

If you'd like the name of the law firm in Washington who issued the cease & desist letters, just let me know. Should I post scans of their letters here? Email correspondence? Do you want me to name all the companies that got them? Do you want transcripts of my phone calls with five different US and European based competitors? All of the parts sellers involved in this are subject to the same laws of copyrights, trademarks, I.P., and brand obfuscation.

We moved urgently to comply with a request of the world's most recognizable brand. We moved urgently, knowing that one of the planet's most competent I.P. and trademark law firms was knocking at our door. You don't really think some random micro-company in rural North Carolina was ever going to win that fight, do you?

I need Ferrari a whole lot more than they need me. I'm not stupid.

I don't care if I'm the only person who takes it seriously. I do care about being trolled on the internet. Knock it off.

09Scuderia, Robb, drbob101 and 15 others like this.
  6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

Settle down Daniel. Put yourself in the position of a buyer. The reason I revived this thread was because, as you may recall, I contacted you a few days ago about part. But before I could I had to go to other sites to find the part number. It got me wondering why the others aren't taking the diagrams down. I was actually think that perhaps Ferrari was singling you out since you seem to have the biggest market share. No trolling here.

lanab and Qavion like this.
  7. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    Not trying to stir the pot, but I got the impression you were implying something, and Daniels response was fair, if that isn’t your intention then maybe make that clear...

Pangea, alex and Jaguar36 like this.
  8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I think my post which you responded to did make it clear, hopefully.

9. gqmd

gqmd Rookie

Jul 25, 2017
    I just noticed that they have removed their model specific parts diagrams. It makes it very difficult to find what you are looking for.

10. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Just send Daniel an email through the site with what you need for now. He responded to me very quickly with the links to the parts.

I’m sure this isn’t the end game but until it settles out he will be there for us.

Nholmes11 and 308 GTB like this.
  11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Daniel, you do not need to explain yourself, defend yourself, prove anything to anyone by posting proof of the call logs/letters from Ferrari/posting the law firm who contacted you etc. Your reputation speaks for itself, and others (me being the first one) will do your defending for you.

If anyone has an issue with you, then they are the problem, not you.

09Scuderia likes this.
  12. gqmd

gqmd Rookie

Jul 25, 2017
    Ok great! Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why did it take two posts to make yourself clear? Why wouldn't you clarify in your original post? Because your original post certainly reads as though you believe Daniel is not being truthful.

14. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I just did email exchanges with Daniel today. It did not take more than 15 minutes to get a formal quote before I placed an order.

drbob101 and taz355 like this.
  15. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Daniel's reputation is tops. He's a smart guy. So I think we can let him continue to succeed with his excellent customer service and business plan. The others will catch up to him at their own pace and peril. Just give him a call and I'm sure he will get you taken care of very quickly. He has always gotten back to me crazy fast even late on weekends...

No reason to beat the dead horse in Maranello. We all know what is going on.

Thread closed.

Robb

surfwolf, 308 GTB and 09Scuderia like this.