F8 or STO? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    this thing is an absolute 10. This car feels like something truly special.
    I wish I hadn't seen those pics from the reveal in Japan...I can feel my wallet getting lighter :)

Ash Patel, Boomhauer, IloveGT and 3 others like this.
  2. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Lambo has quite obviously accomplished their goal with the STO; outrageous, over the top, bust you in the chops. Looks like a hit in both the junior high school study hall and the cars and coffee crowd. The .01% percent of end-users who take the STO to the track will be super satisfied, I'll wager. Those who buy them to race around Harrods on Saturday night will likewise be thrilled. None of that is a criticism, by the way. I've owned several Lambos and been a guest at the factory, and I love them for what they are...I'm also a big fan of VW group and their stupendous fleet of engineers. My new W12 GT is a juggernaut.

If I were to spec the car, I would pay any amount of money to avoid having the "STO" moniker on the door...it looks like branding for an unrelated company. Perhaps an emergency delivery vehicle for Suppository Transport Organization?

Love the Lambo, but really can't compare it to an F8. Kind of like asking whether one prefers Gucci Loafers to track spikes.

Loxo, Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I think I have to get the Japan-spec also. Just stunning.

4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
  5. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    This STO really gets the best of yesterday all in one.

Shack likes this.
  6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The more I see it the more I like it. Very faithful to the STS track car and I am sure great learnings from the race series.

Ferrari - wake up as this is what the Pista should have been !!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Loxo, Ash Patel, mdrums and 3 others like this.
  7. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    The STO will be a very special car and from the sounds of it'll be the last NA V10. Maybe they'll come out with a final edition paint special but there's no Performante V2 this is basically it for a hardcore, track focused V10 Huracan.

I prepare myself to lose a boatload of money whenever I buy a new Lambo like what's happen with my SVJ but I don't feel this way about the STO. This car is special.

Shack, Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Pista is a good car, and looks fantastic. It’s more gimmick than go relative to these other bespoke offerings, but still many owners do love it.

Shack likes this.
  9. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    if f8 had proper sound - no gpf. Do you prefer f8 or the huracan?

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Maybe F8 spider. But I have had four 458’s, 488s, Pista so I am a little tired of the same interior and design package. F8 is at least a very smart upgrade over the others in terms of visuals outside. Starting to grow on me.

Off topic...took the CS out again today for an hour....IDK if I really need anything else but a TDF.

Ash Patel and Boomhauer like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not bad but a bit too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    What about Sian Roadster va F8 spider?
    Oops! The limited edition Lambo is over 3 M!!!

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    No contest...Sian.
    You still enjoying your 458spider?

14. The only disappointment with the STO is that it's only 95 lb lighter than the Performante.

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Yes She just turned 128,000

looking forward to the F8 spider—hopefully will be here by Christmas.

You consider the 812 GTS?

Loxo likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I loved my time with both my Performantes and would expect the STO to heighten the experience.

Thecadster likes this.
  17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    The STO is the antithesis of the F8. Race car derived design and technology. NA V10, lightweight, form follows function design, no turbo, doesnt sound like ass no GPF.

Given the level of disdain on this forum towards the 488 and F8, the near universal acclaim of the STO is no surprise

And complaining about the STO being "only" 95 lbs lighter than the HP? The HP is 88 lbs lighter than the 610-4. So in reality the weight difference between the STO and Perf is greater than the Perf and 610-4.

75% of the STO bodywork is CF. Wheels are magnesium. I imagine Lambo is pushing the limit of weight reduction while maintaining the necessary safety and structural features of a street legal car.

Want something lighter go race a Super Trofeo Evo.

Regarding the rollbar and 4 point seatbelts, in the US its part of the SC package. In Canada it apparently is not offered.

Loxo, Ash Patel, SLDriver and 2 others like this.
  18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Active aero is illegal in GT3 racing. The STO has nonactive nonadjustable aerodynamics.

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    That accounts unfortunately for the unsightly rear wing.

21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Unsightly to you. Functional and serious to us.

Shack, mdrums and Boomhauer like this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    It is functional and effective, just not attractive.

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Looking beyond the race car aesthetics and the positive ethos of the car I can see a few issues.

1) Inadequate luggage storage in the frunk cancels out any overnight trip with wife or partner (unless solo).

2) Horrendous rearward vision.

Essentially it is a track car which can be registered, offering very limited road use other than being able to drive to and fro the circuit without a trailer.

Lambo's were never very practical cars but STO has unfortunately taken it to new heights. I was expecting an improved version of Perf with at least the same level of practicality.

24. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    1) Ship your stuff ahead of time.
    2) cameras.

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I like scoops and wings and find it baller. But I totally get thats not the norm.

Boomhauer likes this.