How many GT4's here? | Page 34 | FerrariChat

How many GT4's here?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Hans, Jun 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Im at the ranch. I have the exact numbers. Send me a note next week when I’m back in the city and I’ll publish them here.

Patek likes this.
  2. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    That number sounds a little low... even Wikipedia reports that 2,826 308 GT4s and 840 208 GT4s were built. They cite this Ferrari link with the production numbers: https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/auto/dino-308-gt4

No breakout of American vs. rest-of-world are provided, although the 30% guesstimate seems about right.

3. David Allan Feller

Oct 25, 2020
    Newmarket, UK
    Full Name:
    Dr. David Allan Feller
    There are a couple of indies in and around Cambridge. Barr-Tech would probably be the closest. Honestly, I'm hoping it won't require much for a year or two; it's had the entire suspension and brake system reconditioned and the engine had the belts done maybe 500 miles ago. I would like to do some of the usual things myself. One of the reasons to own these older cars is because I can work on them, at least for some things. If anyone has a preferred indie in the Newmarket/Cambridge area I'd be happy for advice.

It is such an interesting car. I had a Carrera 3.2 of similar vintage at one point and this car is so much more entertaining! It's also my first mid-engined car so I'm enjoying that discovery as well.

4. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    colinoz, ivo73, 19633500GT and 3 others like this.
  5. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    the precise number is 714 delivered to USA and Canada

NoGoSlow likes this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  7. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    714 308 GT4
    non 208 GT4

NoGoSlow and absostone like this.
  8. Darren Tuozzoli

Sep 10, 2017
    Brooklyn, New York
    Full Name:
    Darren Tuozzoli
    Hi - I’d like to add a car to this mix, and ask for further provenance info, if anyone has it.

Here is an unrestored 1975 Dino 308GT4. #10266. North American car with Ferrari badging; Azzurro Metallizzato over Satin Black Boxer paint scheme. Paint looks original in places, especially on the roof and rear decks, where it’s cracking like a 45-yr-old Glidden should. Interior is Black leather with red piping and red carpets. Euro bumpers with custom side spats were fitted at some point in its history—photo evidence of the car inside the Alfa of Tacoma shop in 2015 (obtained in an online photo gallery documenting a shop tour at alfabb.com) illustrate evidence of the euro bumpers at that time.

Overall, early provenance is murky, as previous owner JLP (Bremerton, Washington) did not provide details of his acquisition (August 1989) in any documentation other than the previous title.

The car remained in Washington state since purchased in ’89. Recent major service was performed by Carlo and Lino Durante, at Alfa of Tacoma LTD.; including a 2014-15 gearbox and engine overhaul (+ new sodium-filled valves), in addition to radiator core work. Car runs fantastic.

From the black ALGAR metal badge affixed to the boot beside the license plate, it could be presumed that the car was purchased new or used from ALGAR in Philadelphia PA area, as described by a current ALGAR sales staff member, who confirmed that those exact emblems were affixed to cars on their lot (either new or used) from 1972-1976. But as ALGAR did not find sales documentation of this car, there is no way of confirming this. Seeing as it’s a ’75, it’s likely—unless someone bought it somewhere else and traded it in after one year, and in which case they HATED it.

RPM in Vergennes, Vermont acquired the car directly from Alfa of Tacoma in 2015 with 58K miles, and only replaced the installed stereo with a period-correct AM/FM radio. RPM attempted to sell it on Bring A Trailer in November 2018, but the auction did not reach a reserve price. During that auction, a BaT community member commented that he knew the car well, and that it had seen “it’s fair share of track days,” and that this car “saw more maintenance [than] 99% of any other GT-4.”

Older photo features Carlo Durante right before the RPM purchase in 2015. The car is currently hibernating in a winterized lair, one hour north of NYC.
    Would love to discover more about its history, if anyone has direct or indirect knowledge. Thanks!

Attached Files:

9. Nino1964

Nino1964 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2015
    North Georgia
    The boxer paint seems different. I believe the boxer black should extend to the rear, just below the tail light assembly.

10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah, under the tail lights towards the center then dropping around the license plate indent.

BigTex likes this.
  11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Really artful integration of those Euro bumpers!

12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    So Post 740 and 741 is the most up to date list?

13. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    Sadly, I haven't kept up as well for the past couple of years. I still have the old Excel spreadsheet and may dust it off as time permits.

14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Thats OK I was thinking about Bumping the thread so I did. It hasnt been in light for a while.

dinogt4guy likes this.
  15. gio1234

gio1234 Rookie

Apr 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    giovanni veltri
    15. Giovanni 08394

absostone likes this.
  16. classicalfas

classicalfas Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2012
    Gardiner, NY
    Full Name:
    Peter D
    2cam, absostone and kiwiokie like this.
  17. DinoD67

DinoD67 Rookie

Jun 14, 2020
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Dephillips
  18. Kenny Muir

Kenny Muir Rookie

Nov 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Muir
  19. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Friends,

Does anyone now who owns GT4 10928? Its warranty book is on easy....

Rob

20. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    GermanDino and NoGoSlow like this.
  21. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Kenny Muir likes this.
  22. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    US body. Interesting bumper. And Campagnolo wheels.

eskamobob1 likes this.
  23. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Euro bumpers inserted with hard mounts on a US car. Agreed it was an interesting choice by PO (actualy 2 POs ago). Ultimately I think its a solid middle ground between full euro and us dinner tables

24. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Campenolo wheels were a factory order btw. Tbh, I didn't like them at first but they have realy grown on me

absostone likes this.