F8 or STO? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Supposedly the HP numbers are underrated on the STO due to emissions/homologation reasons. I guess we'll have to wait and see for real world tests.

And I suspect most STO's will be in the 400k range. I've tried to spec a very low optioned car and I'm stilling in the high 3's because there's certain options you have to get. That's a ton of money so it'll be interesting to see what happens to values in the first 6 months. Will the STO sell for dealer premiums or do they start dropping.

Here's another walk around clip:

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Most super car lovers are always looking for the next hit. It’s all part of the game.

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Dealers are pleasantly surprised by the keen interest and the orders placed. My dealer contacted me and offered an allocation.

IloveGT likes this.
  4. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I have the first right of refusal on the market intro car I help spec'd which arrives in April, first customer car arrives in July. I kinda want to do AdP now and I've been told they can't guarantee a slot because they were hoping for more allocation.

I'll be surprised if some Canadian dealers e.g. Calgary and even Vancouver fill every single allocation. You're looking at $450k for a decently spec'd STO, that's basically AV S money. For $50k more you can buy a SV.

5. Except the STO is RWD.

That, for many (including yours truly), makes for a world of difference.

6. Really?

Like what?

7. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Performante = Daily driver you can take to the track.
    STO = Track car you can't daily.

That's the way I see both cars.

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    STO is going to be limited, but not restricted/numbered. So they may end up doing a Pista and make a ton of these.

9. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Nowhere close to Pista numbers because Lamborghini caps total production to 8000, they might slightly raise production numbers accommodate more Urus production.

Right now 60% of Lambos produced are Urus, YTD 19 they sold around 2100 Huracans globally so lets say for MY21/MY22 they produce 4500 Huracans the question is what % will be STOs.

We know Japan is getting a total of 150 cars over 2 years, Japan sold around 650 Lambos in 2019, lets say they sell 1400 Lambos for MY21/22 that would mean the STO would make up around 10% of the Lambos sold in Japan.

If Lamborghini goes balls out the STO numbers will still be below Perf numbers. My guess is the STO production numbers will be inline with the Perf spyder.

10. We shouldn't look at absolute numbers produced, but the percentage of cars produced relative to the total number of cars that the manufacturer produces.

For example, a limited run of 675LT (Coupe and Spider of 1350) for McLaren is far more on a percentage basis than say the number of 911R produced by Porsche given how many more cars Porsche makes annually.

11. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I could not fit comfortably in a huracan spyder with regular seats, my head pressed into roof and not enough legroom. So was very surprised that I am able to fit comfortably in the Evo Spyder I just bought that has the regular seats, my head does not touch and more legroom. Also you can remove the stops in the seat rail and gain close to inches which I did

wthensler likes this.
  12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Having purchased in two totally unrelated "geo's" and both dealers have low single digit cars for 2021 and hi single digit for 2022.

dustman likes this.
  13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That’s because we are addicts. The first step to getting better is admitting your an addict.

My name is Buddy and I’m a car addict.

racerdj, Shack and Coincid like this.
  14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    see post #313

ferrarifam and Jo Sta7 like this.
  15. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Guess I must have live in a bubble where I am tracking, and I'll be surprised next winter when the track is filled with Huracans.

16. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    You are not alone. :cool:

17. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    So because the tracks will not be chock full of STO’s it must not be a popular road car. Makes sense. Got it.

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I was under the impression and from all the accounts I have read that there is less than 300 Performante Spyders worldwide. I don't see them offering an STO Spyder version. If that is the case performante Spyders should remain pretty desirable. Anyone have any data to back up the claim?

20. No intel, but I think a Spyder would go against the ethos of the STO

SLDriver and ferrarifam like this.
  21. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I know a US buyer who buys Lambos from Canada to sell in the US and he's only interested in coupes. The coupes seem to hold value better than the spyder.

And no STO spyder according to my dealer.

22. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    no, just that it’s not likely going to convert a bunch of people over to lamborghini.

the OP posed a question in FChat, and the response is generally positive. that said, it seems to attract current/previous lamborghini owners, and said owners typically are not found at track days (at least not with their lamborghinis). my first lamborghini likely will not be the STO. like i posted earlier, there are better options for a track weapon to choose from, and it certainly isn’t a looker to me for the streets, but that’s all personal taste anyway.

maybe i am in a bubble, as most around me do not seem to be as enamored as alleged on other forums etc, but again, we’ll see in a years time

MANDALAY likes this.
  23. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    TBH, the STO isn’t my cup of tea. Moreover, if I were considering this car, it would be against a Pista and not an F8. As an F8 owner, I will say that it’s not really meant to be track car. Rather, it’s a very fast, purpose built daily driver.

Frankly, I just don’t understand where the STO fits, given how close it is to the Performante. But, VAG is obviously intent on wringing out every bit of profit on the Huracan platform.

Napoli likes this.
  24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Good god the same old sensitive few crying every time someone posts and opinion they don't like or agree with about their car. The point I was making was an F8 and STO are so far detached from one another F8 or STO is not even a question worth asking. Do I care if anyone doesn't like my Pista or any my other cars or prefers something different and gives their reasons why? Nope.

25. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    one more thing about its looks: my wife says front view reminds her of hulk hogans face if he was a car

Ash Patel and Glenn Quagmire like this.