SF90 delivery schedule? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

SF90 delivery schedule?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Il Co-Pilota, Jan 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There was some guess work regarding this, but I did some digging. They are in fact correct, they are not reused.

The three cams are not manned and just snaps a photo when the car passes. It litterally takes zero effort to get the pic. The little effort lies in getting the pic sent out. It is fully automated and as one of their techs said when showing me the cam. Why cheat with something that is fully automated and just runs itself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jm2 and of2worlds like this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That Ferrari certainly deserves a staring role in a Topaz video of their paint protection process!

Gcsdave likes this.
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Wow, Il Co-Pilota really goes the extra mile (kilometer?) to share hard earned Ferrari inside knowledge here. Always very informative and unbiased to. Thank you, Sir!

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Lol you're welcome. It was just a simple conversation with a tech in Maranello last year who was kind enough to explain the system. It is super simple really, so no cheating neede:)

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    just a crybaby or has he got a point?

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    While there is a point to be made, it's a rant and not totally on point.

Firstly, just because the UK has not seen any cars delivered, does that mean almost no deliveries. They are being delivered all over Europe. RHD cars are just coming later, as always. If the UK wants to change this, start driving in the right side of the road.

Now as far as the Spider goes. We knew it came, and we knew it would be there sooner than later. Now Covid just delayed the coupè a bit, so more of an odd overlap, but that's life - deal with it.
    I never wanted a Spider and while I can change my order today, I don't want to. And Asetto Fiorano Spider? That's just taking the piss. What is that for? C'mon

There still aren't any available where I am, as those coupès that became available from a few that moved to the Spider, was picked up the same day. There are a few allocations for Spiders at my dealer waiting for a few clients like me, to make up their mind. I have till I get my coupè and when that arrives, I might make the change, but I won't. Just a perk of being a good customer.

More often than not, I don't agree with this guy and more often than not, he just seems to be on the rant.

Spider? Meh. Who cares. I want the fixed top.

8. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    He's got a point. SF90 Spider looks fantastic...and to some extend it will hurt those who have a coupe on order.

Was offered an SF90 allocation some months ago...and did not bite the bullit, given/anticipating the Spider would launch soon and the long wait still for a SF90 coupe. I moved on and committed to some other non-Ferrari projects.

Now SF90 Spider is launched...it will hurt demand for SF90 Coupe and accordingly its price/value. Anyone who wants one can walk into a dealer and take over an allocation from someone who has ordered SF90 Coupe and wants a Spider now. They most likely will even pay you to take over the allocation in case there is no other takers or to many 'movers'. Please note this is not a limited edition car, so anyone can place an order. Not sure how long this will last though, now is the window of opportunity until equilibrium has been found again.

I would prefer an SF90 Coupe at discounted price relative to SF90 Spider. But I will wait and see what the used market will do. I expect to find a good option there.

My few cents to what Ferrari strategy implies for me...for what it is worth.

9. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    I'm not sure which region you are based in but in the UK each dealership had a limited number of allocation for the SF90 of which all allocations for London are filled. Also the SF90 was always marketed as a track car not so much as a gt (doesn't have boot space either), so the spider is always a compromise especially with the assetto fiorano pack. The spider would be a nice car to drive along the coast but then the 812 GTS would be that and more comfortable. I think the coupe has a very specific niche that won't be impacted by the arrival of the spider.

Lukeylikey and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Completely agree. Should have been a coupe only option imo

Il Co-Pilota and Gcsdave like this.
  11. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Not all countries have been successful in selling their allocations. Hence there has been some redistribution of SF90 Coupe slots to markets with higher demands. Add to that owners who want to give up Coupe slot and want a Spider now. UK may be the exception, but if you call around, high chance you will find a SF90 Coupe slot aswell as Spider. The only problem...the wait til 2022/2023 or even longer.

F142George likes this.
  12. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Yes I think that's the main difficulty, with the slots that are somewhat available. Wait could be 2 years or longer especially since the first cars are only delivered now.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The fact that you can walknin and get an SF90 allocation is not the norm, it's the exception.

gzachary likes this.
  14. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Ever wondered what your track focused Pista spider is for?

15. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    The SF90 Spider would be the first V8-mid-engine convertible Ferrari that does not hurt its couoe version.
    Anything else may be wishful thinking .

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yep. That is why it is now sold and I acquired a coupè instead. I was promised that I could mount harnesses, but that turned out to be incorrect. So aquired a lovely Rosso TRS zero mileage Pista two weeks ago. It was great, but lacked the harnesses for track work.

My point is that the Pista came with lifter and bumpy road mode. Those things adds to its use as a street car. The SF90 AF is more track focused and steps have been taken to make it even lighter. The way I see it is like this. Some call the Pista track focused. I see it as an F8/488 where everything has been turned up to 11 but it is primarily a road car. The AF car on the other hand, is in my view more like a Senna, which is properly track focused. For this reason the AF Spider is an odd one for me.

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Congrats, that is a great color and some might say a perfect Ferrari shade of 'red' there!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Thank you:)

of2worlds likes this.
  19. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Congratulations on your coupe, especially in rosso TRS. I also find the Pista good for occasional track visits but best kept on the road.
    The AF SF90 is going to have a hard time to be anything like a Senna which is more purpose built for track use. For a start, it has 400kg more weight, and less than half the downforce (390kg @ 250km/h vs 800kg). Not a good combination, no matter how much horse power you throw at it. Feels conceptually closer to the heavy and crazy hp Chiron Sport than the light and nimble Senna.

Il Co-Pilota and WM458 like this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Was just told tp expect 3 month delay. I should have been December. Will be March earliest. Oddly enough the 812 is on schedule. My SF90 is red 10 so it's not for lack of build slot. Might be the colour. Anyone else here in Europe been told about a delay?

My dealer says they are fighting some electrical gremlins and that I should be glad it's delayed, as one that had been delivered now might be prone to errors.
    Hmmmmmm...

Caeruleus11, Kabbs and of2worlds like this.
  21. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Mine arrived at the dealer on Friday! They did say they were holding back for software updates but that was done beginning of the week. I am going to see the car Wednesday before it does to be wrapped at topaz in London. Expect to collect week after.
    Will post some pics Wednesday. Mine is rosso Portofino if the colour makes any difference??

of2worlds and SVCalifornia like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Mine is Rosso Coburn. Quite sure that does not help matters as it goes to Zanasi. Rosso Porto is painted at the factory.
    Looking forward tovsee your pics.

bwshihtzu, of2worlds and SVCalifornia like this.
  23. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That could do it!!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It is 'show time' tell Topaz to get those cameras rolling as another star is born!:cool:
    Rosso Portofino will certainly get their attention as a real color magnet...

tomc and Gcsdave like this.
  25. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Congrats, looking forward to your pics. I saw RP in person as a Portofino in that color was in the truck when my F8 was delivered. Spectacular color. I’ve got plenty of time to decide, but am going back and forth about how to configure my SF90 spider.