355 - '97 355 Key Blank | FerrariChat

355 '97 355 Key Blank

Discussion in '348/355' started by sgtpeper, Nov 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Is there any source to get a new blank key for my 355? I know it won't be cheap but I'm struggling to find anywhere to get one.

Thanks,

2. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    depends on if you want original or just a functional replacement... I've witnessed anywhere from $14 bucks to over $600.

3. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    http://forzacomponenti.com/catalog_keys.html

If you need a set of blanks now, I have 2 of the black double sided forza keys sitting in my spare F355 parts cabinet. I bought them when my car came with 1 key, but the previous owner found the spare. DM me if interested, will sell at cost.

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  5. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm really looking to try to find 1 or 2 actual original OEM keys if possible.

6. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    If you do happen to come across an OEM key, be very careful who cuts it for you. Even those that have good references and credentials and a multi-thousand dollar laser key cutting machine can make a very rare OEM blank unusable. Could be a $400.00 leaning experience........ ask me how I know.

7. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Did you try a dealer? Show them your reg or title and license and they order it from FNA. It usually comes pre-cut from Ferrari.

8. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Do they still make the correct blank?

9. stud-ing

stud-ing Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    They way throug the official dealer is really cheap an easy. Fill out a paper there and bring an eMail from your insurance that they agree you let make a new key for your lost one. Then maranello will deliver the ready key to the dealer (the key version that came late 1995-> originally with the car. You dont need the key number plate. They deliver it for the original in this car installed locks. It did cost 57Eur here in Germany in 2017.

10. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I was able to order a replacement key directly through the dealer - not cheap at like 270, but I really wanted an original key.

Thanks,

11. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    Eep. The only key I have for my car is an original hinged one. Looks like I'd better get a couple Ilco copies made!

12. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yea, I definitely could have gone the cheap way, but I want all the original pieces for my car that I can get - while they still exist. I wish 97s had the hinged key! I think they're really cool.

13. Laserman

Laserman Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Minneapolis, MN
    It is interesting what a lock and key company told me about Ferrari Keys. I purchased a couple of blanks from Ricambi.
    They said the blanks are steel. They no longer had the equipment to cut steel keys.
    They said the problem with steel keys is that they will wear out the lock eventually. Europe uses primarily steel keys while the US uses primarily brass keys because they wears out but not the lock. I had one master steel key and had copies made for my 355 in Brass. if your not a concours person ;) they work great.:)

308 GTB and Qavion like this.
  14. sgtpeper

sgtpeper Formula Junior

May 4, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm just a weirdo who wants everything that came with the car originally haha

15. evo11

evo11 Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    K
    You can order oem key from Ferrari it cost 60€ I've just ordered two.
    You can also purchase this

Attached Files:

Qavion likes this.