Just bought my 360....Need Exhaust Recommendation | FerrariChat

Just bought my 360....Need Exhaust Recommendation

Discussion in '360/430' started by DiabloTerr, Nov 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Hello everyone. I ended up purchasing a 2002 360F1. The car currently has a tubi, it sounds good but I want something that sounds more F1 and louder. I am leaning towards the Capristo Stage 3 or S line Exhaust. I do not want the CS/racing exhaust or the Kressigg. I have not posted regularly in years so I am not familiar with the other options such as IPE or FI Exhaust, and there are very limited videos on youtube for S line on a 360. Any help is appreciated. I do not want to mess with the headers or Cats until I can take it to get Tuned.

I will be picking up my 360 on Saturday or Monday.....depending on how long Grundy takes with the insurance application.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Beautiful color combo! Congrats. I love the red interior!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

one4torque and DiabloTerr like this.
  3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    ifeelfree0, armedferret and pilotoCS like this.
  4. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  5. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    I've had a Tubi on mine for the last 13 years. No issues, a lot of compliments. That said, plenty more options today than what was available back then. I'm thinking of a switch to Kline for a bit of a higher pitched sound

ItalGerBrit and DiabloTerr like this.
  6. kingrooz

kingrooz Rookie

Feb 22, 2017
    California
    Full Name:
    Sasha
    Tarek307 likes this.
  7. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Love my CS exhaust and with the new CS firmware that I have the valves open much sooner

pilotoCS and C4YES like this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Do headers and a s line or cap 3

DiabloTerr likes this.
  9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dm me a cell and ill send u a video

DiabloTerr likes this.
  10. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    ^This. No comparison.

DiabloTerr likes this.
  11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    And 200 cel cats for good measure!

DiabloTerr and NY-3PEDAL360 like this.
  12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    X-ost or Kline

DiabloTerr likes this.
  13. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    I have fabspeed headers and S-line exhaust on my 2003 360, and it sounds amazing.... I don't have any sound clips unfortunately, but I get a ton of compliments from other high end car owners in our various owners groups .. fwiw.....

Sent from my SM-G975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

G. Pepper and DiabloTerr like this.
  14. DiabloTerr

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    How loud is the S line exhaust? Is it on the level of a Capristo stage three or the Ferrari racing exhaust/CS exhaust? Especially at start up an idle, I really like the loud start up of the Capristo stage three. My Tubi has some volume, But it’s just not enough.

Did you get a Tune after you got the
    headers? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Let me be Davey Downer here. Leave it stock; don't be that obnoxious guy who revs his car and annoys his neighbors. We had one in our neighborhood. Made me ashamed to be a Ferrari owner. Fortunately he sold it and now we have peace and quiet again. You look like a mature guy; don't be a "racer boy." It's about style not sound.

16. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Hmm I don’t know... we had an obnoxious guy in our last neighborhood, and I always thought “am I that bad?” but one day I was standing outside my running 360 with an aftermarket exhaust inside the garage and he started up his Honda/Nissan/whatever it was with a huge fartcan and it was louder than the Ferrari from the next cul-de-sac over. I think if you put a loud but quality exhaust on the 360, yes it produces a huge amount of noise at full chat, but not that bad at idle or residential neighborhood power levels.

armedferret likes this.
  17. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    Overall, this set-up would be considered loud, but not annoyingly so, at least in my opinion and those who have heard it. The cold start is especially loud. The exhaust has nice pops and crackles when shifting. When driving at highway speeds, there’s no accompanying drone. At lower speeds, if your RPM is around 2500 there is a “drone” to the sound, but if you keep the RPM north of 3000 to 3500, it has a nice f1 tone to it without any annoying drone. A very good friend of mine has a 360 with a Tubi, and when we went out in my car so I could let him hear the exhaust, he looked at me and smiled and said, “now this is what this car is suppposed to sound like.” He’s very much a “keep it stock” kind of guy, but another time I drove by him on the road when he and I were meeting somewhere and he said, “ I finally got it, what you’re doing by modifying your car.....it sounds like an F1 race car when you drove by me, and it was awesome.....”. That’s just his opinion, but this set-up does get a lot of compliments when we go on drives or car get togethers....and most importantly, the wife and I love it.....

I had the headers and exhaust changed last year, and then this year, had the car tuned, here are some numbers for you....

Stock 360. Hp=400 Torque=276

My numbers with just the Fabspeed headers and S-Line exhaust without a tune. Hp=421 Torque=287

Stage one tune. Hp=456 Torque=355

We did a stage two dyno tune a few months ago and I’m now at Hp=489 Torque=364

The character of the 360 has completely transformed with these tunes, it’s an absolute beast to drive now and incredible fun that sounds amazing. These cars are all about the “experience.” And having experienced mine with these changes, I could never go back to stock again. Just my opinion.

18. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Where these verified by Dyno runs? Or just based off the HP gains claimed by Fabspeed, tune, etc?

19. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
  20. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    #20 aseweepay, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Verified dyno runs. A good friend of mine here in St.Louis is a 360 guru, but also works on other high-end cars etc. at his shop.

I’m probably preaching to the choir, but the important thing is to make sure your engine is healthy before doing any kind of tune to it. These engines are stout and can produce a lot more power than they left the factory with. Having said that, I wouldn’t go above what I have now, the car is tremendous fun without being obnoxious. Before I was introduced to my now friend/mechanic, I had a different shop do the exhaust and header change in 2019 (they are no longer in business). I also paid for them to do a major service on my car. While inspecting my engine to make sure all was good for a tune, we discovered there was a lot of work I paid for that was never done. Anyway....he just finished a car for another Fchat 360 owner who shipped his car to him. I’m anxiously awaiting his report on how he likes his car now.

21. DiabloTerr

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley

Attached Files:

Makuono, dbdreams and armedferret like this.
  22. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    DiabloTerr likes this.
  23. DiabloTerr

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Your car looks sick! I am really thinking of adding the yellow brake calipers like yours has. It's amazing how little space the S-line takes up! I will decide in the next few weeks whether to get the S-line or the Cap 3......the struggle is real :) . I am tempted to just order both so I can no for sure which one I prefer.

aseweepay likes this.
  24. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    DiabloTerr likes this.
  25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thats not a bad idea - im pretty sure someone had a cap 3 listed in the classifieds and an S line as well. no point buying them new.

DiabloTerr likes this.