430 - Tillet Seats in a 430! Show me the pics! | FerrariChat

430 Tillet Seats in a 430! Show me the pics!

Discussion in '360/430' started by NMNMNMN, Nov 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Howdy looking to order a set of Tillet CF seats that have custom pads emulating my fav Daytona style embroidery or material pattern with a Prancing Horse embroidered on the headrest for my 430 Spider.

Anyone here running Tillet seats? And if so can you show me the way before I pull the trigger?

Which is the best series I am 6’3” 250 48 chest and 36 waist 36 inseam. Like a big bear. Lol.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    My first read of this i thought it said Toilet Seats !!

AtomicPunk88 and RANDY6005 like this.
  3. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

4. drmc

drmc Rookie

Dec 12, 2013
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Bigilo and NMNMNMN like this.
  5. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Thank you! I have removed the sun visor so far and the seats are next! What is your sparco model if I can ask? Looks great!!

6. drmc

drmc Rookie

Dec 12, 2013
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Danny
    I got the sparco rev II. I went to my local racing shop and sat in about 15 different seats and this was the only one that fitted me property. I’ve got a thin waist and wide shoulders and hence needed a seat with wide top wings. I’d suggest sitting in a bunch of seats and finding the one that suits your body as all the others I tried would have been torture!

NMNMNMN likes this.
  7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If you do fit a toilet, i think it best you get the slimline version as they are lower ,where is the flush supply coming from ?

NMNMNMN likes this.
  8. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Thanks for the advice, I have a longish torso I am starting to think. I will go in person it would not be good to get the wrong ones.

9. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

You know I once knew a guy (not joking) who had vodka dispensed under his dash from a modified windshield wiper cleaner bottle and hose, maybe that?

Red 27 and AtomicPunk88 like this.
  10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Thats why some cars in Aussy have a booze interlock before you can start the engine- Aussys are serious beer fans.

NMNMNMN and drmc like this.
  11. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark

NMNMNMN likes this.
  12. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

13. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    **Subscribed**
    Sounds like these will be a really nice pair of seats. Did you end up pulling the trigger? If so, please post up pictures as I'm sure I'm not the only Tillet fan on here. I can't stand the seating position of my daytona seats and i'm 5'10".

14. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Tillet - very nice. Not seats for a longer drive of course but lovely nonetheless.

15. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

#15 NMNMNMN, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    I have not ordered them yet as DRMC’s post has me thinking I might want to go to a race shop and try a few seats. There is one near my home but we are away for a month and a half hiding from the Seattle winter.

I also thought that maybe the set of Sparcos offered in the classifieds by John might be good for the recline function and the Daytona pattern already installed looks amazing for $5250 that’s a deal. But surprisingly when measured they were as tall as my Daytona’s off the floor that I can tell? Nutty.

I may just pull the trigger on the Tillet seats anyway and hope for the best. Still would like to see some in person and try them as I have an intermittent lower back issue that is more dependent on geometry than soft seats. The Daytona’s are just too high. I removed my visor that helped. But if I could get down in the car like in my 991.2 I would be stoked. I even thought of just getting some modern Porsche seats. Germans have great interior room. I love German car ergonomics.

There are a set of 458 seats in the classifieds which by many accounts on FChat solve all tall guy problems in a 430. They are commensurate with Ferrari pricing and that could be okay but they would need to really impress me for me to see the value for my application. Which is use the seats store the Daytona’s. I don’t know that I need Ferrari oem seats they are not the originals to car anyway.

Which brings me to my next problem to solve.
    Ferrari dealer computer says my interior is beige, when I bought the car it was advertised as having a cuio interior. It looks cuio. The 458 seats on offer are cool but the color match looks a bit light. And I also am unsure what to order for upholstery on the Tillets. I may have to have them stitched locally. Dunno.

So Tillet still number one choice they look bitchen, but I want to be sure to match my interior as best as I can. I think I would be okay with the comfort of the geometry is correct. I have had some cars with way stiff (funny to think about now) suspension that I daily drove. I have also driven race cars with race seat with no issues.

Open to advice still here is my interior:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

17. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name: