812 Superfast Radio Gremlins | FerrariChat

812 Superfast Radio Gremlins

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by czlandi, Nov 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.
    1. Does any 812 owner know how to stop the radio/stereo dropping down in volume when the car slows down to a stop? Haven’t found how to turn this feature off.
    2. Every time I start the car the radio turns on even though I leave it off. Any thought on how to stop that would be appreciated. At the moment it’s just part of my endless start up procedure: Seat belt, mirrors out, lifter on, radio off, stupid warning sign off button, on/off start disable button...press that red button. It’s like a checklist on a fighter jet....

Makuono likes this.
  2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I don't have this problem with the 812. I don't even know how to turn the radio on in that car! I do have the issue of the car starting and the radio turning on in the Pista though. Would love for that not to happen.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Auto radio on is standard equipment in the F12. No extra charge. :)

vraa likes this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Mine doesn’t do that.

What I have noticed is when I pair my iPhone and music starts it doesn’t have the controls on the dash. I have to turn off audio in car and then turn back on and full functionality is there.

5. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    On the 812, the small round button on the right pod that controls volume press and hold. The radio will turn off and stay off, even on a restart. You still get incoming phone calls. For an outgoing call you can initiate it from your phone or press the same button again to turn on the system. On the volume that is speed dependent, go into settings on the right pod. Under audio I believe there are a range of adjustments for speed dependent audio/volume. I would check my 812 in person but it’s in for annual service. I think the Pista has a similar setup.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

NGooding, Napoli, klinkman and 3 others like this.
  6. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Thanks MikeS. Im going to try all of that and see if it works.

7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #7 Marcel Massini, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Have exactly the same shxx in my 812 SF and absolutely hate it. No reason to automatically reduce/drop radio volume when driving slower or coming to a stop.........very annoying.
    Whoever invented that..........
    My dealer says the parking assistant button has to be put off but it works only once and has to be redone all the time again. What a nonsense.

Marcel Massini

8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Please see this thread, it has something to do with the front sensors coming on at low speed and reduces the sound so you can hear them, it looks like you need to turn off the parking sensors at low speed in the menu. Hope this works.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/portofino-music-volume-turns-down-at-traffic-lights.616596/

9. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    that's exactly the issue. The parking sensors are coming ON, so the radio volume is decreased. You can either deactivate temporarily the parking sensors with the dedicated button on the dash, or deactivate them permanently via the menu (I believe accessible only when the car is stationary). Another thing that drives me crazy, is that there is no way (at least to my knowledge) to mute the driving instructions from the GPS. I dont want them, I just want to see them on the screen. But you can only mute them one by one, as they come. You can also lower the volume to the minimum during an instruction, and the volume will stay down for the following instructions. But the radio volume is still lowered during the announcement, so it's disturbing. You would think muting driving instructions is not a luxury feature, but oh well.

10. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    When the sat nav is speaking, turn the volume knob down that should work.

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  12. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Yes it works, the driving instructions are muted. But the radio volume automatically lowers when there is an instruction spoken out, and that keeps happening once you've turn the instruction volume down. So at each intersection, the radio volume automatically lowers dramatically. Kind of annoying. At the end, the best solution for GPS is probably from Apple Carplay. It works very fine on the Lusso, but what I dislike is the fact the Apple Carplay does not fill the whole screen horizontally. It appears only in the middle of the screen (something like 4x3 format). In my BMW with a similar sized/shaped screen, Apple Carplay fills the entire screen, and looks beautiful (and it's wireless...)

13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    To stop the radio volume lowering at slow speed deactivate the " Auto under 10km/h or MPH" function for the front sensors as shown below.
    When parking, either press the parking sensors button or do as I do and put the car in reverse which will activate both front and rear sensors, this should work from what I have read on most newish Ferraris..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    To remove the message announcements on the sat nav. turn down the volume knob when the lady is speaking. Hope these work :)