R12 ..where to get | FerrariChat

R12 ..where to get

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by flash32, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Hello everyone

I need a little direction

I am need a few bottles of R12 and not sure where to find them

I looked on eBay and saw them readily available but some look old and rusty

Any real life buying experience and possible "good" seller links would be appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

2. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Try Facebook Marketplace. I did and there are many local posts for full and partial 30# cylinders to the smaller cans.

flash32 likes this.
  3. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Freeze 12 is a drop-in replacement readily available but I would recommend switching over to 134a

4. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    I've had good luck w eBay. Supposed to have a section 609 certification to buy R12.

FWIW - I looked into the replacements and called up a reference I found a technical leader associated w ASHRAE (American Society of Heating Refrigeration Air conditioning Engineers). It was suggested not to play around with a Ferrari using anything but what they specify.

Mor likes this.
  5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Thanks everyone for the replies..ended up getting from eBay ..fast and seems like the cans are still in good condition

My freon has been in there for for a long time without any leaks or issues ..so keeping to R12 when doing major ..no conversion here

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk