Club Competizione GT | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Club Competizione GT

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Wade and Manfred Steinert/MPS like this.
  2. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Who will join the club next year?

3. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I will try to make Road Atlanta opener with my 458 GT3

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ewright and Ferrari 308 Vetro like this.
  4. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Ferrari 308 Vetro likes this.
  6. naparsei

naparsei Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2005
    Land of Enchantment
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Can’t wait to see the 2021 calendar.

7. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    maximilien likes this.
  8. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So what is different from a standard 488 GT3 2020 EVO?

9. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Deresricted aero and engine

Pis7a2020 likes this.
  10. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Its standard on a 488 GT3, the Bop on the Engine is just the Engine Map. You can run every GT3 without the BoP. In fact when you get delivery of your new GT3 you usually dont have any BoP on it. Havent seen anything different in terms of Aero.

So my question still stands, what is different from a Standard 488 GT3 2020 EVO?

11. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    It’s a gt3 without restriction and some electronic to helping no race driver for some fun practice in Gtclubcompetizioni

12. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Was not aware. Thank you for great insight. Press release not detailed?

13. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I haven't found anything different from the Standard GT3 2020 EVO

14. Keen

Keen Karting

Dec 9, 2014
    Does the GT3 EVO generate more than 1000 kg of downforce at 230 km/h?
    Because that's what the GT Modificata does, which would translate into basically 1200 kg of downforce at 250 km/h that is a value on the level of what is produced by the Lamborghini SCV12.
    SCV12 which, according to Lamborghini Squadra Corse, produces 30-35% more downforce than their Huracan GT3 EVO racecar.
    Within this context, I doubt that a 488 GT3 EVO produces 30-35% more downforce than the latest Huracan GT3 EVO from Lamborghini.

Rampante likes this.
  15. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    From the Press Release:
    After intense development work on the Nordschleife the 488 GT Modificata benefits from completely revamped high-downforce aerodynamics, shifting the pressure centre forward. This generates higher downforce at the front without increasing overall drag, making for better efficiency and sensitivity to changes in rear wing angle. Apart from the aluminium roof and uprights, the bodywork is entirely in carbon-fibre like the 488 GTE. This contributes to a downforce of over 1000 kg at 230 km/h.

The NS Bodywork is in fact the GT3 2020 EVO Kit (developed by Octane126 and Michelotto) the downforce at the front was a general Issue before the EVO kit arrived (in fact the Car was always in danger to flip over)

The Modificata does not have the Aero from the GTE. Unless the real car is different from the one showed in the Press release who wears the GT3 EVO 2020 Kit.

16. Keen

Keen Karting

Dec 9, 2014
    Maybe this one car is just for show as you say.
    Nice to know who developed the 2020 EVO kit. ;-)
    It would be interesting to know the real downforce numbers of the 488 GT3 EVO (but I doubt they will ever be released), because if the 488 GT3 EVO could hypothetically boast 30-35% more downforce compared to its direct Lamborghini GT3 rival at equal speed and with close values of efficiency, given the BoP in terms of power and weight races should roughly be just a formality in favor of the Ferrari.
    Any further insight on this matter would be nice to hear.

17. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    read the press release from the 488 GT3 2020 Evo ;-)

18. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The 488 GT3 and GTE are amazing Machines, I even prefer the GTE over the GT3. I tested an unrestricted GT3 two years ago and the Car is still the benchmark.
    It’s crazy how fast it could go without a porsche friendly BoP...
    as a track toy, I would even go further an use a unrestricted 488 GTE. Change rations and downforce kit depending the track.... and run it on Michelins...

NürScud, ewright and Keen like this.
  19. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    With ever stricter regulations for road cars I expect the Club Competizione GT to becoming more popular and we might see more of those track toys in the future.

20. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I totally agree. Not only that. you enjoy a few days on beautiful race tracks all over the world with great people, great network. Amazing Cars, many of them with impressive race history and you dont have to deal with all the negativity we see more and more when we drive our road cars in europe. Just like the good old days. you go flat out, burning rubber and fuel, you have nice chats, dinners bring your wife or girlfriend (or both) and extend for a nice shopping city trip too. And much better then regular Track Days. You are within the Ferrari Competizioni GT Network, perfect organization.
    Good thing is, if you are smart and you buy a race car with some history or a rare model the value goes up and will cover the cost of usage....

21. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    This has to be the statement of the year :D

Reading this I ask myself how they will manage to keep that special "club" atmosphere if they really open that kind of excitement up to a broader customer base to satisfy a potentially increasing demand.

22. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    as the Club Competizioni GT is only accessible with a Ferrari GT Model (GT1/GT2/E) the number of cars will not increase dramatically... there are not sooo many available.