F430 Challenge Headers | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 Challenge Headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by Blackfspider, Oct 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  2. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Any pics please ?

3. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    this is a GREAT discovery, OEM Ferrari Headers without CATS at a good price are they 4-1 or 4-2-1 ?

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and of course they are massively cheaper than OEM Ferrari F430 headers as you dont have to pay for the CATS which typically cost $800-$1000 alone

5. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  6. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    They are 4-2-1. They are identical to stock headers, just no cats. My only gripe with them is they still have the fairly large cavity where the cat would normally be. A decent merge collector where the 2 goes to 1 would be nicer and net a few more ponies.

SBIG likes this.
  7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    The Challenge doesnt sound all that loud

8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    anyone have a sound clip pls I am worried it sounds very dull ?

9. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    No sound clip and they are not usually a good representation. The eurospares link above shows the system with the main cats still there, so you could eliminate those. Mine with cats sounds stock + 10-15% volume increase in line with other aftermarket headers. Mine goes into Ferrari once a year for it's warrant of fitness and the tech takes it for a test drive as part of that. When he returns I can certainly hear him coming. Louder and sweeter than what I perceive from inside the car.

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    yes I as guess as there is no exhaust valve on the Challenge the flow always goes via the Tubi Silencer, so that makes it quieter too

11. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    these really are a great price for OEM Ferrari Headers without cats and a heat shield

12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so the conclusion is to use scuderia headers over challenge?

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    why ? you don't need or want an air-rail it adds noting to a F430, otherwise they are the same anyway to my knowledge (?) F430 Challenge & 430 Scuderia headers

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Wld imagine Scud headers easier to come by compared to challenge no?

15. Blackfspider

Blackfspider Rookie

Dec 6, 2019
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    D
    Scud headers would probably look like the tubi inconel headers... apparently need to cap the air rails or weld shut....

but challenge headers cheaper then scud headers?

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Scud headers are $15k for the set new.

17. Zeroh

Zeroh Rookie

Jun 27, 2014
    London
    Challenge headers sound the same as stock... just louder - on a spider its honestly about as loud as I'd want to go .. adding a sports exhaust would likely make my ears bleed, although hearing the x-pipe exhausts that make the pitch more F1 like is rather appealing

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Maybe ill throw my scud headers on my 07 430 since i have larini headers coming for the scud.

19. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Would make sense, you just need to close off the air rails

20. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    The Ferrari Challenge headers are Exactly the same design and construction of any Ferrari street car headers. The one and only change is that for the special Challenge cars Ferrari deliberately deleted the "pre-catalytic converter " that Ferrari installed on all their F360 and F430 cars for North American markets.

For the Special Ferrari 360 Challenge and F430 Scuderia and 16M special limited production street cars that always come as a High Note High Point at the end of a model run ,...........Ferrari deleted the pre-cat and installed Challenge style headers on these street cars. The cars gained typically another +30HP and more dynamic sports car sound.

The design and execution were the same as the street car catted headers but as I mentioned Ferrari simply omitted the precat. Its public domain that Ferrari F355, F360, F430 headers are problematic and last time I checked Ferrari was on the 3rd or 4th header revision on the F430.

Fabspeed was the worlds very 1st company to design, engineer and street and racetrack develop headers for these cars. We have sold many set to Ferrari challenge factory Race car owners and pro-race teams at that time and sent systems to Ferrari 360 Challenge street cars owners and F430 Scuderia and 16M owners to add even more dyno developed power and sports car sound and for preventative maintenance and peace of mind.

Its public domain that Ferrari headers are poorly designed, poorly constructed and have poor metallurgy and simply fail and can cause catastrophic engine damage. Check out www.fabspeed.com I did NDA and destructive testing and Videoed everything explaining the problems of Ferrari headers and you can see the poor design and pre-cats simply jammed into the collector area that turns cherry red and purple from the heat.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #46 RichardCH, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    thks Joe can you pls show us a dyno graph of Ferrari F430 Challenge Headers vs Fabspeed, not stock OEM F430 headers with cats vs Fabspeed pls its totally misleading, or would you simply agree that if F430 Challenge headers are 30hp over stock, they are better than the Fabspeed item in terms of performance ?

22. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Many of us believe that OEM F430 Challenge headers are a much better value proposition as they already come with built-in heat shields and more performance and they are made in Europe

RedTaxi and Zeroh like this.
  23. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #49 RichardCH, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    F430 Mk2 manifold vs SCUD from my cars, the OEM SCUD header looks like a time bomb..with no Cat, must say haven't slept much recently at all

24. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    With no pre-cats will the F430 pass CA smog?