Where to go after 458? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Where to go after 458?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Evo X, Nov 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    How about a Spider? It truly changes the driving experience. Unless you are tracking the car and truly need the ultimate in performance, a Spider on a nice day can be a much more enjoyable road experience.

njcycleguy likes this.
  2. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    488 amazing machine

SVR and Mighty Joe like this.
  3. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Indeed.....

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  4. Dontbethatguy

Dontbethatguy Karting

Nov 25, 2017
    ATX
    I can’t seem to get rid of my 458 spider. The sound is amazing, it’s so fun to drive, and they’re solid in value. I just sold my GT2RS because I always want in my 458. I am currently on the hunt for a 488 Pista to replace the Porsche. It just wasn’t as engaging as a Ferrari for me. I’m still keeping my 458 spider because it’s such a good car. I drove a Huracan Performante and hated it. Sound wasn’t as good, ride was crazy rough, and room was crazy tight. Just wasn’t for me. I’m not a fan of McLaren based on a few friends’ experience with the brand, so that’s not an option to me. The Porsche 911 GT3RS is a total blast and makes all the right sounds, so that would be a good one to consider. Depending on budget, I think the 2018 911 Speedster is a great one to consider, too, because it has the 3RS engine with a 6-speed manual trans. I still watch those. The Audi R8 V10 Plus is a lot of fun and is super comfortable, roomy, and a great price point. I was surprised by how much room was in the car.

Go drive a few cars before you decide. They’re all very different, and you might be surprised by what you do and don’t like.

Bundy likes this.
  5. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I asked this question to myself awhile ago but still haven't found the answer, in your case i'd go for a 458 spec

Performante is a good start though

6. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK

7. 458 at 50

458 at 50 Karting

Oct 17, 2014
    Arizona
    I am in that situation right now. had 430 spider, then 458 coupe, now 458 spider. I feel like I wamt to try something different. I am a spider guy so that removes the gt3 and gt2. Maybe a AM v12 vantage volante manual (only 100 in US); Porsche turbo s; Huracan (2 wheel drive only). I drove the turbo s last weekend and very fast but no exhaust note at all. What am I missing under 250k?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

8. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    I just gave in years ago . 2010 Italia, and a 2012 Spider. Friends ask why two 458s , easy answer for me nothing better.

To me two different driving experiences. Could not be better.

stick a fork in me , done.

JAhmed likes this.
  9. crusty

crusty Rookie

Dec 10, 2008
    I thought I was only person with this problem, with out sounding like a knob.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Perf Spyder

11. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    You might be missing a Porsche 718 Spyder. Six speed manual with a flat 6 NA engine. Take a look. Special car.

12. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I think he might find it slow after a GT2 RS.

I would try a Pista. Not sure that it will be different than how the GT2 RS produces it’s power. Nor would it sound better.

Perhaps what for the new crop of 992 GT cars to come out??

May the Horse be with you

13. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    I am thinking that a used 458 is a best value Ferrari on the market today. And 458 Speciale described by Ferrari as the most balanced middle engined V8 car on planet. What do you think?
    What users think of 488? Does her engine sound compete with 458? I think she was replaced too early by F8 which is not a good sign. Is it worth the extra buying cost?

14. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Italy, Canada, the Cayman Islands
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    Get on order for an sf90 spyder if it’s in your budget.. otherwise go used 812... I left the brand and then came back after driving the F8 ..it made me tingly and the hair on my neck stood up.

15. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Probably true.

16. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    The F8 Tributo is the perfect car to go to from a 458. The Performance gap is pretty dramatic between an F8 and the 458 - whereas the performance gap between the 488 GTB and F8 is not as much. The F8 Tributo will be the last of its kind(last mid-engine non-hybrid rear mid-engine V8 in a way similar to the 458 Italia which was the last of the naturally aspirated V8 motor non-special series car.

17. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    A supercar expert owner who sold his Speciale, regrets and buy her back after two years