Just bought my 360....Need Exhaust Recommendation | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just bought my 360....Need Exhaust Recommendation

Discussion in '360/430' started by DiabloTerr, Nov 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Mine has headers and cap3. High flow cats as well, no idea what kind, but not the stock cats. Love the sound.

DiabloTerr likes this.
  2. NY-3PEDAL360

NY-3PEDAL360 Karting

Jul 19, 2020
    Cap 3 and Topspeed headers = prob to loud for the neighbors but makes me smile every time I drive...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

DiabloTerr likes this.
  3. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Loud

DiabloTerr likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    There is absolutely no way you get 90 extra hp from a naturally aspirated engine. Dynoes measure hp at the rear wheel, not the crank. Please show the dyno sheets otherwise this post shld be considered fake news.

5. NY-3PEDAL360

NY-3PEDAL360 Karting

Jul 19, 2020
    What’s the difference between stage 1 and 2 tune? I have cap 3 headers, cats and maze tune. Don’t think I’m near 490hp...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    #31 aseweepay, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Stand by to stand by, I've asked for the dyno sheets and will post copies when I have it/them.. His dyno can measure both at the crank and at the wheel. The above numbers are measured at the crank. I never stated where they were measured from, so I understand the assumption and misunderstanding and should have been clearer in my previous post.

Sent from my SM-G975U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

armedferret likes this.
  7. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    HI Its Joe Fabiani at Fabspeed Motorsport. I also own a 360 spider gated 6 speed. Ferrari cars are all wonderful and are simply waiting to be uncorked and unleashed.

These F360 and F430 cars are all Choked with 6 catalytic converters from Ferrari SPA. The 1st set of cats are located in the header collectors and then the 2nd and 3rd sets are located in the catted sections. The Ferrari 360 headers and F430 headers are of a very poor design in terms of metallurgy and construction. When the headers fail or crack the V8 engine will now operate with a vacuum leak and that causes the engine to run lean and often can throw codes. Failed F360/430 headers are public domain as the "Achilles heels" for these cars and when the headers fail the failed headers can suck up metal into the engine and then (its happened many times before) the owner needs a $30,000 engine rebuild.

A great upgrade are equal length performance headers that I designed over 20 years ago for the F355 and for each continuing F360, F430 and F458 model my engineers are I dyno developed great performance headers with F1/ Indy car style merge collectors. Each and every cars picks up power and immediate sports car sound and preventative maintenance at the same time and piece of mind. Simple bolt-on equal length Fabspeed Ferrari headers with new Ferrari gaskets, Wurth German hardware and optional MIL Spec thermal blankets.

If you stick with your headers another eye opening performance upgrade are Fabspeed Motorsport HJS German HD Emitec 200 CPSI sports racing cats. These are heavy precious metal loaded and flow 90% of a straight pipe with no Check Engine Light and no tune required to stop CEL lights like other brand of catalytic converters. We just completed development on the F8 Tributo and she finally sounds a lot better with no CEL lights and no tune required.

Check us out online as we have a complete program for these wonderful cars. If you are close to Philadelphia call me and you can drive me car and we have many F355, F360, F430 and 458 owners worldwide that would be happy to share their cars and experience with a fellow Tifosi.

Message us on the Fabspeed website chat and check us our online as I take apart and explain exactly what Ferrari did for design engineering on these cars and WHY Fabspeed designed and engineered our performance systems. Its interesting and we cut apart factory headers and mufflers on these cars.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ml65, DiabloTerr and dbdreams like this.
  8. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    Wow, now that is a really cool offer he is giving you DiabloTerr! I too am looking to upgrade my exhaust system and if I weren't all the way down in Alabama I would love to hear Joe's car in person. Joe texted me the other day as I had signed up for notifications on Fabspeed's website and if I am not mistaken they are having a Black Friday special right now that I am having a hard time shaking. If my wants get the better of me I may have to take them up on their deal.

PS. Not that I wouldn't want it anyway but a big reason I am considering it is because of the precats breaking up and being sucked back in the motor scares me. More reliable, more bulletproof, more power, better sound, kind of a win, win, win, win situation.

9. 74dino246gts

74dino246gts Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Joe, have you given any thought to making a set that is CARB compliant?

Need4Spd likes this.
  10. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    DiabloTerr and armedferret like this.
  11. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That Cap 3 sounds so good at full chat.

BrettC likes this.
  12. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thanks, I love it.

armedferret likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I have 2 vids ... can text them if someone wants to upload them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armedferret likes this.
  15. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Inbound sir.

16. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    @ttforcefed was kind enough to send a couple short video clips my way, so i put them on my YT channel (which is mostly just my antics swimming with otters and playing with guns, nothing of note really :D ).

I have to say, yes it can be obnoxious at low RPM on the "good neighbor" side, but sweet Allah almighty that car is fantastic wide open sir.

NY-3PEDAL360 likes this.
  17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the 2 videos honestly dont do the sound justice...cap 3, TS headers, TS 200 cell cats...in retrospect wld probably go with fiammmenghi headers if had to do it again....wld also like to compare thecap3 vs the s-line.

DiabloTerr and armedferret like this.
  18. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Far from an in-person side-by-side of course, but there's this.

19. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley