430 - F430 Coupe Owner's Manual | FerrariChat

430 F430 Coupe Owner's Manual

Discussion in '360/430' started by Pier5, Nov 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pier5

Pier5 Rookie

Sep 30, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Pierluigi
    I just bough a beautiful 2005 F430 and there is no manual for it in the pouch. There are two other manuals, both for the Infotainment (one large and one small), but nothing for the actual car. Does anybody know where I can get an original manual?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Your official dealer may still be able to supply but don't forget your territory (which you do not advise) will also affect which manual is correct - a friend may have a spare - send pm with your email

3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  4. Pier5

Pier5 Rookie

Sep 30, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Pierluigi
    I am in Ontario, Canada.
    I am not sure how to pm in this forum, I am new here.
    I already printed the .pdf of the manual, but I really want to buy the original as well, to keep it in the car just in case I need to make reference if I am stuck on the road somewhere. I don't mind if it a used one as long as it fits in the glove box is ok.

5. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    Ebay has them at times.

6. Pier5

Pier5 Rookie

Sep 30, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Pierluigi
    I will try ebay. If that fails, I will try the site in the UK as suggested above.
    Today, I wanted to start the car but the battery was too low, I aborted the attempt until I have a fully charged battery. So here I have a few questions:
    1) If I disconnect the battery via the kill-switch am I able to open the doors of the car? I think the window may not drop down if the battery is not connected, is this correct?
    2) What is the best charger to use for the F430?
    3) Is there a voltage monitoring anywhere on the instrument panel? When do I really know at what point is not good to start the engine without having troubles?
    4) If the "OK CHECK" comes on, does it mean that I can start the engine? Even if the voltage on the battery says 10.4 Volts? This I measure with the FLUKE multi-meter.

One last question, for now: How can I clean all the sticky buttons and control knobs? Is there a secrete cleaner that I need to use?
    Thank you all

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Roll the windows down a few inches if you have enough juice, then disconnect and charge the battery.

8. Tyanmat

Tyanmat Rookie

Apr 12, 2021
    Florida, USA
    Full Name:
    Trek
  9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Firstly the kill switch in the front bonnet only disconnects on the negative line, also it does not disconnect everything as you will find some small aux lines on the negative battery terminal clamp.
    Re battery charger, a lot people use CTEK but i find them a bit fussy, they are that fancy they can trip out for no reason. Any 3 to 5 amp electronic trickle charger is fine. Mine is on a 24 hour timer that shuts off for 6 hours a day. In uk we have trackers fitted so the battery has a permanent load.
    You can connect the charger behind the seats onto the main power cable and a bolt for the earth
    You can get a volt display off e bay that plugs into the cig lighter,
    If you only have 10.4 volts i dont see it starting, regardless of the ok

10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I have used CTEK on my 430s for six years, no issues, batteries good, start every time, never had any battery related issues. Just plug and play, very easy as long as you remember to unplug before driving off!

Qavion likes this.