360 - License plate light not connected at outlet | FerrariChat

360 License plate light not connected at outlet

Discussion in '360/430' started by Carnab, Nov 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnab

Carnab Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carl
    So not many of us drive our sleds at night. I noticed the left license plate light on my 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider was not connected. After doing a certain amount of thought it might be a unfinished repair or it was never connected at factory (Hand built car etc)

The question is: Is simply reconnecting a wise path. Bought new bulbs and ready to tackle but caution seemed prudent. Other side lights are fine as a fyi.....Love the weigh in from the gang.....Thanks.

Carnab

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So are you saying the wiring connector for that bulb isn’t present? Have you tried using a flash light to look up into the cavity to see if it’s floating around inside the bumper.
    Likely that the bumper was removed at some point (aftermarket muffler?) and they forgot to feed it back in place. Guess you could remove the rear diffuser and see if the wiring is there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Need4Spd likes this.
  3. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    The rear bumper is coming out every other year for transaxle service if the car is maintained “by-the-book”, so plenty of opportunities to unintentionally mess with the license plate lights connections.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Need4Spd and f355spider like this.
  4. Carnab

Carnab Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Yes.....The car has a aftermarket exhaust that was put in my previous owner. Install done well. Also light connector is present just not hooked up. So question is was it just a oversight on reassembly or a intentional disconnect. Trying to avoid a fuse issue etc. Bumper certainly has been off for service and exhaust (Sounds awesome) mods.
    Carnab

5. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    you would not be able to see the connection until you are removing the rear bumper maybe they never plug it back in wend installing it back after service ?

6. Carnab

Carnab Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carl
    My guess is connection is hot as passenger side light is fine. Just the drivers side is not connected. Both wires than follow back to disconnect at bumper and frame so you can take off bumper for service. So the more you think if there is a short is is unlikely as you move towards light that is disconnected. Seems to point to a oversight.