Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Man, driving that fast on city streets with cars and trucks on the road makes me question the driver’s maturity. I hope no one gets hurt doing these wanna be boy racer stunts on the street. Take it to the track and add some turns, that’s what the cars are made for.

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Most of Brook's videos are drag races on the track and usually 2 cars racing.

3. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Pista - Love its playful and alive driving character on the streets, one of the cars that number isnt telling half of the story. FUN to drive its what makes the Pista king of this segment.

STO - Hated the originally Huracan, yes, hated it, dumb and numb. EVO was a huge improvement but felt like a honda civic of the supercar world. EVO RWD got my attention, liked it enough almost got one. Taking the EVO RWD formula to the extreme i think it should be a winner.

765LT - Had 720s, loved it, got the strongest straight line pull and cornering in any sports cars. I feel the 720s set the new standard for super sports car. My 765lt should be here soon, not yet driven it so I don't have much to comment.

AMG GT Black Series - had AMG GT and GTR. do not like either. the suspension set up was unnecessary stiff. I personally dont like what the entire Black Series line up heading besides the S-class. Engines are 10/10 tho.

Shack, johnr265 and Twosherpaz like this.
  4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I agree.

It will be down to either weather, humidity or driver.

The 765 is faster than a 720 on a track and there is no doubting this.

May the Horse be with you

Coincid and Gh21631 like this.
  5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    last 10 min of this vid explain why the 765 is so fast in a drag race

Shadowfax likes this.
  6. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    No mention of the F8? Cheaper than a Pista- better steering- similar performance and a better road car. Only lacks the visual drama.

Why all the SF90 hate? Outperforms all the cars mentioned- many of which have average engine sounds.

To me- normally aspirated engines provide the most entertainment- once you comprise with turbos- why not just go hybrid or even electric- if speed is the goal?

rob5819 and nickorette like this.
  7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    F8 is not on the same level

8. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I doubt most drivers can extract a difference- surely not material. Lesser drivers may actually extract more from the F8- because of the updated software. The F8 is substantially cheaper with updated interior with full warranty.

I would prefer the Pista (aesthetics)- but only at lower price.

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I am no expert driver but the differences are quite discernible.

10. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Do you own both? Most of the reports I have read state that the F8 is actually a better road car.

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    driven the F8 twice now. I guess, define road car. Softer, easier to drive, more comfortable. But I wouldn’t compare to Pista as far as excitement and I’m expecting 765 to blow me away.

12. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I agree- I think the Pista is more exciting- a better weekend car, the F8 a better daily. Both as intentioned. Value- Today- I would go with the F8. Tomorrow?

13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    SF90 is ugly

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    F8 is way better looking than the 720 I have never gotten past the eye socket headlights. F8 is plenty fast and has a far superior interior than the 720 or 765.

x z8, Ash Patel and GT2goneF like this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think all those aspects are personal opinions. To my eye, in person, I prefer the the F8 coupe but the 720S Spider comparing “base” models. Interior, I’m a sucker for the Ferrari steering wheel. But objectively, Mclarens UI and Tech are better.

buddyg likes this.
  16. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    There are cars and then there are Ferraris.

Pista > 765 > STO > 2RS >AMG

SF90 > SVJ in an 8 second, first round knockout

17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Curious why you rate the Pista over the 765? I mean power and speed wise 765 wins hands down so obviously you are looking at a bigger picture. Interested to hear your thoughts as you obviously have credibility on the issue.

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    A....gree!

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Super agree! I thought about long and hard (no pun intended). I wanted the power and speed but i just couldn't get over its looks. Particularly the rear. It has a Camaro-like rear and a tiny rear windshield. I'm sure it will be as easy to look through the rear like a Lamborghini. The front is also confusing to me, sort of like a new NSX blended with Ferrari. To me, the F8 is the best looking new Ferrari, followed by the 812. Still love the F12 TDF and 458 looks as well.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shadowfax and buddyg like this.
  20. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The big problem i find with this kind of data is that none of these cars were driven on the same day.

Coincid and Gh21631 like this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Nice find Ounds! Credit given where it is due!

Interesting discussion. Even Apex has concerns over 765's handling which Coincid et all have so desperately been trying to shut down discussion on - attacking anyone who dares to speak out - both here and on Mac life. Its like Coincid has appointed himself head sentinel even going to the extent of dissing the reports from CH and the others. It's been like dare anyone speak out against his choices or else! Clearly Apex isn't so quick to dismiss the reports from the pro drivers who have reported same.

23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #98 Jo Sta7, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    I agree with what Robert is saying in theory but I haven’t driven the car to make sure. However, he isn’t really saying anything bad about the car. He’s basically saying it’s set up for fun and excitement in the same way that a Pista is at the sacrifice of smoothness and compliance when pushed to 10/10ths. They talk crap on Pirelli, and rightfully so. Mclaren needs to dump them I really think the tires and holding their cars back. Finally, Robert mentions that he thinks Mclaren being a mess has affected the cars negatively. How could it not? Mclaren needs to get their act together and hopefully they’re on the right path. It will be interesting to see if the negative feedback they’ve gotten on 765 and worry from owners will force them to do some tweaking in the next month or so behind the scenes.

finally, Roberts point about the cars, both Pista and 765 having entirely too much power and having too good of throttle response, which he says the speciale suffered from as well, is what I personally want. I know I won’t be able to exploit it, but I want it. It’s not my only car, but it’s my crown jewel.

Coincid likes this.
  24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Actually he contradicts himself, on the one hand he says he "thinks" they may have rushed the car and on the other hand he says he "thinks" they did it to be more playful similar to Ferrari and the 600LT. Point being, he has no experience with the car or setup other than the one track time by Gebhardt. I do see a trend with many of these cars now and that is that they all need some tweaks to be optimized for a track. This would include his GT2RS, Pista and 620R. With this said I do appreciate his opinion and look forward to some more feedback. Finally, I wont be surprised if McLaren makes some small changes to the later cars to be delivered to ensure better handling. This results of this lap was definitely on their radar.

Coincid likes this.
  25. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I think they are both great cars. Each unique. Going over a particular mountain between San Diego and Thermal, I had a fantastic time in the 765. The acceleration of the car is spectacular. Basically, it reminded me of the Senna GTR in ways.

All I was saying last night, in a moment of clarity, is that there are cars, and there are Ferraris. It’s not just the apex, or the straight line speed. It’s the feeling you have driving them around town. It’s the joy the brand brings to others.

I’ve had the extreme honor of being on track now at the end of Finali Mondiali in Monza and twice in Mugello. Thousands of cheering fans in the stands. Your forearms get tingly with goose flesh. Your smile ear to ear as you wave at the adoring fans. The support crew jumping up and down in their red outfits waving enthusiastically at their friends and family and fellow countrymen in the stands. There is just something about Ferrari.

I’ve also just finished ten days of displaying my cars for an event. The reactions and excitement over the Ferraris greatly exceeded the reactions and excitement over the McLarens. And lest you think it was a tilted field, know the displayed McLarens were: Kimi’s 2006 F1, 1/25 MSO SLR, Senna GTR, P1, 765 LT, 1/20 675 LT carbon fiber spider.