F8 or STO? | Page 23 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Lol do you know my wife? The SV would definitely be off the books!

2. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Countach. read what I posted.

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I don't... But I speak out of experience and from what you have told me. I am busting at the seams here with car space, or actually lack thereof; and the F8 is on the way. This viral outbreak has my two college kids at home so the available space is actually full occupied with their cars.

And exactly why I brought the house upgrade into the conversation. The Diablo may reach that figure all on its own. So you would probably have to leave the 992 at the dealer and return the F8.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Soon will be Xmas... let's love each other... LOL. Perhaps ask admin to invent the first ignore or silence button. That way we don't have to intervene with who you don't wish to.

5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I have done some very big days in a Perf (800 kms) with race seats and they were perfect for me. Just not sure about the new sport seats.

Coincid likes this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    There is one small problem and a bigger one with that line of argument.

Small one: It wasn't made of CF per se, but of various composites and metals.
    Big one: It was not a production model, just a study.

7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    My baby! Pre Beard!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jo Sta7, SLDriver and GT2goneF like this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Wow... Very nice! That car, for it's time. Had very intricate finishing touches. It's interior was far better than what Lamborghinis have today.

When was this 2000 what? And which one is you in that picture. I can't recognize you without the beard!

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Describe the difference and why mclaren tubs are inferior. And is that inferior carbon tub superior to the metal chassis of the Pista and F8?

I have my opinion owning both cars. Curious to hear your analysis.

10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    2007 and I’m on the far right.

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not inferior compared to metal tubs, quite the opposite. We were talking about methods of carbon fibre construction.

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Can’t wait to hear it myself. I bet he’s feverishly trawling the web in a lather of sweat, in grim hope he dig his way out of another self created mess.

noone1 was always by far better read than zues and hounds combined. The pair of them should take a leaf out of noones book in future before they open their mouths to change feet.

Next thing you know we’ll be hearing about how hes growing CF out of his vegie patch.

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    right...so why is the Ferrari carbon better(which they don’t use on normal production cars like mclaren)

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think we will be hearing crickets for a while. He may be referring the matter to ounds for further advice on which way to start digging.

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Doing some internet research now, he will be back soon. I just love when people make claims when they have no idea what they are talking about.

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Why is Ferrari carbon better than Mclaren carbon? Ferrari doesn’t even use a carbon tub for their normal production cars. Thanks for the insight.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    There already is an ignore feature. I have used it twice - Noone and Shadow but I relented and unignored Shadow. While pertinaciously repetitious, he can be amusing and informative.

IloveGT and GT2goneF like this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I like the debates I learn a lot from you guys, while I keep myself in my respective lane. With that said, sometimes I cringe (not without a laugh) for the poor souls that get basted here. Because it isn't a quick merciful death, it slow cooked with occasional baths of scalding fluid (your own juices). However, I get where you guys come from. I think I'd rather ignore and continue on than cause a stir. But maybe it's because I am new here, because I don't have the massive experience and knowledge that you guys have. Maybe I haven't been exposed that much to this situation and it hasn't hit the top. Who knows. Time will tell. Although I don't believe that they may all be kids or youngsters, I do believe that everyone here likes the brand and hopefully one day, they will achieve their dreams like we all have. I would like to encourage that. On the other hand, I would certainly declare on my own accord (or if I am asked), that I am an enthusiast (well read or not) and whether I own or not a Ferrari or any other car. As my name says, I am a GT2 owner (also 2 AMGs) and soon to be an F8 owner. Hopefully in the future an 812 and 458 (maybe).

Gh21631 likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

This is the most important thing posted here in a long time.

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    This is what I was talking about (disregard the talk about the other attributes of these cars, it is not meant to be a LaFerrari vs P1 discussion, focus on the construction methods of their CF tubs only): McLaren P1 vs LaFerrari - carbon tech | PistonHeads UK

Igor Ound likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Are you basing your comments solely on that article? Because it’s a 7 year old article talking about the 12C.

Do you have anything else?

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I humbly disagree... There is a huge amount of valuable information here and for the most part, everyone here is super nice. I have been addicted to this place, learning a great deal about Ferrari, past and present, other cars and many other things. It has been a great experience thus far.

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    AFAIK McLaren utilises the same basic construction method to this day.

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    765LT...had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful car aficionado this morning who had the 765LT on hand, so I was able to see in person and talk about the car a bit.
    Looks good, actually the roof scoop was pretty nicely done, I wish I had ordered it now. If I recall the gist of the convo: smashes the GT2RS, pure animal on street, in order of scariest cars: CGT, TDF, 765LT, likely pushing far more power than is being reported, the definitive quickest car, harsh.

Shack and Gh21631 like this.