330GTC External Oil Line Hose Assemblies and Fittings | FerrariChat

330GTC External Oil Line Hose Assemblies and Fittings

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 330BRC, Nov 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
    The later model GTC has an engine block to radiator oil cooler and an oil surge tank. Does anyone have a late model GTC parts manual showing the hose assemblies and fittings for these with part numbers?
    Thanks - Brian

2. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    I don’t believe there is a parts diagram available for the late 330 GTC oil/radiator/water pump systems.
    The 365 2+2 and Daytona diagrams are similar to what I have, (sn 11157) but not very accurate. They can be found on the Eurospares UK website. If you need to make up new hoses, you can reuse the original fittings, Item 48, they just screw into the new hose. Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
    Yes, this looks similar to the later version 330GTC. Any leads on where to locate the braided steel hose and female threaded end collars?
    Thank you for the information.

4. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    Hi Brian, The hose can be found at a hydraulic hose shop, be sure it is rated for higher temps and and pressures. As for the fittings, I would imagine they can be found at the usual suppliers. I was fortunate to be able to use my originals.
    I would try GT Car Parts in AZ for the fittings and maybe hose too.

5. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
    Thanks. It’s the threaded collars that are the challenge to find. 18mm straight thread with internal o-ring. Way extinct. Geof Ohland from Partsource is looking. I check GT Car Parts also. I appreciate your help.

6. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #6 enio45, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Im restoring car # 10061 330 GTC and this car has the external oil coolers in the grill area. I have all my fittings from the old hoses
    ready for the new hose. I have also started looking for the hose, and conversation with rutlands and motion seem to indicate
    the braided oil hose is similar to the 365 and daytona cars. So the question is, where do you find that? What has others been using. Is the aeroquip hoses correct looking?

I thought/believed that the today braided stainless lines are to shiny of a look??

Looking for advise on this as well...........

Brian, i can send you pics of our system, coolers and hose fittings.

Is your oil cooler part of the rad tank or the in the grill.

Not sure your comment about the O ring? I dont think i have seen the oil line with the O ring....

7. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Ed you can bead blast the hell out of stainless hose to make it more acceptable.

8. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
    Above are photos from a later series 330GTC. The car has 3 external oil hoses total. There are two hoses that connect from the block to an oil cooler in the lower radiator, and one hose that connects from the oil pump discharge to an oil reservoir that dampens oil pressure surge. You can see the three mangled original oil lines that were removed. Unfortunately the reusable collars on the original oil hoses were needlessly destroyed. This was many years ago. Modern replacement oil lines were banded to the original hard flanges as a repair. The new hoses work fine but look obviously improvised. My goal is to put it back to original or as close as possible. The key is finding the collars on the ends of the oil hose. These collars are 18MX1.0mm female straight thread with an internal o-ring recessed in the threads. The o-ring is visible in the above photos. I believe 365GTCs and 365GTs use similar 18mm external oil hose set ups. Daytona also, but with a larger diameter hose. I apologize for the long story, but hopefully that describes the complete picture. Great idea to bead blast stainless replacement hoses to match the dull cad finish of the originals. Thanks for that.

9. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Brian,

ill have to look at my fitting - so there must me a groove in that fitting where the o-ring seats itself.....dou have a pic of that as well?

How many of the collars are you looking for - the 18 x 1.0 in case i run across some?

The lines you show - are they stainless or stainless plated or something like that?

They obviously have a blackish finish to them - maybe just old etc

10. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
  11. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
    I made up new oil cooler oil lines to replace the non-functioning original oil lines. I was able to recycle the original flange fittings that mate to the engine block, radiator, and oil surge tank. I had the threaded hose end collars reproduced in brass and plated. The braided flex oil lines are off the shelf. The oil lines are road tested and work great. This oil cooler set up is for some 330GTC’s and 365GT 2+2’s. If anyone else decides to tackle this, I can provide some more details to make the job easier.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

turbo-joe, pilotoCS and Bryanp like this.
  12. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    The outter jacket of the oil hoses are actually a galvanized steel. Some of the older Porsche race cars have similar hoses. I believe they come from a Swiss manufacturer. The hoses and fittings are availible, just have to do some research. Happy hunting.

13. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Have never needed to cut collars off. Those are typically reused.

Nor should sealant be required.