Wanted - Wanted 308 or 328 | FerrariChat

Wanted Wanted 308 or 328

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by barada, Aug 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    #1 barada, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    I was originally looking for a 328 or 355 when I found my 348 on here. Very happy still with the 348 but still want to add a 308 or 328 to the stable. My budget will be in the 40-50K range and I am located in Georgia, I have references here or in the Porsche world as a buyer or seller. I have items to barter if there is interest outside of a straight sale, I have a 2 owner E30 M3 I really have not drove at all in the time I have owned it I could offer as partial trade or straight trade depending on the car, I also have some real estate holdings I own that could come into play if you wanted to add raw land to your portfolio.

I am in Georgia but travel extensively through the country so any cars available in my budget would be in play.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Still looking, I may have to move the budget around, just was informed an auxiliary garage was going to have to be built to add another Ferrari to the stable so was trying to get it all for a certain number.

3. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    F40 has had a 77 GTB for sale for awhile don't know anything about it but doesn't look too bad from the pics and description. www.f40motorsports.com

barada likes this.
  4. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Thank you, worth looking into.

5. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    How do you get in and out of your cars all sardined in there like that? I think you need to get a GTS into the mix, so you can do it Magnum style!

6. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    LOL. It is the best use of space, not the best at getting to enjoy them for sure. I have to stay fit or I can't get between them. The M3 has to come out first, then the rest come out behind it. I am about a detached garage so I can use them a little easier. The 911 can be fished out without moving the other two but it is an ordeal to get any of them out honestly.

7. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Budget update, 40-65K. towards the top end I am really interested in a GTB.

8. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Spoke to Mike at F40, he stated that car had no records and paint was cracked, advised I try to find a different one, appreciate the honesty I suppose.
    Maybe my timing is off and people are holding off selling due to the current market conditions. Notice the BAT parade is not hitting reserve right now as well.
    Still looking and will be patient.

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Thanks for letting us know wondered why that car hasn't sold. Sounds like it is too original.

10. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    You bet. I have some travel into upstate NY set up so I may swing over to Portland and look at it in person.

Still looking. Can't edit my original post but budget is up to 65K.

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    If you are headed into that area you should get in touch with Peter Markowski at www.rpmvt.com he may of know of something for sale.

12. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Still looking, have started looking at a few 993's so I may lean back towards the German.

13. fennellaxis

fennellaxis Rookie

May 4, 2013
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Robert Fennell
    I have an 83 GTSI QV...its currently not for sale however Im picking up a 599 soon and may need garage space. I have owned car for 21 years and is very reliable. Needs some minor things (dont they all}..we live in Milton. Robb

14. RAC911

RAC911 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2006
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Ralph Cacace
    i have a 83 GTSI QV for sale that has undergone restoration with many new parts. Records are included showing mileage about 35,000. It has white exterior with red interior. Car is located in Scottsdale, AZ.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

15. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Barada- what color of green is your Porsche?
    I own a 2015 911 C4S painted a special Porsche color of 'Viper Green'.
    Part of Porsche's PTS or 'paint to sample' program (less than 1.50% of Porsches are PTS cars).
    Anyway, it looks much like your color.

BTW, the white/red '83 just above is sweet as hell!

16. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    I called Wayne and the car has long sold.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    @RAC911 What is the price on this white beauty?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. RAC911

RAC911 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2006
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Ralph Cacace
    The price on my 308 is $65K. The list of new parts starts with a battery, rebuilt brake calipers, new interior with Ferrari leather, new timing belts and fuel pump, new tires including spare, original Ferrari wheels and many other new parts.

19. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Thank you.

20. Colebrook328

Colebrook328 Rookie

Nov 7, 2019
    OP, I’ve been watching a nero/crema 328 they have listed for 64k at ***************** in ATL. Higher mileage (60k) but maybe worth having a look if it’s not too far of a drive from wherever you are in GA. Would think that price would be negotiable as I know of almost that exact car that recently sold for 63k but with 20k fewer miles.

They also have a bunch of 308s but at higher price points...

https://www.*******************/1986-ferrari-328-gts-c-826.htm

21. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    That car actually was a paint to sample car as well, it is Viper Green.

Parnelli likes this.
  22. barada

barada Karting

Jul 12, 2007
    Thanks, when I was looking for a 348, Merlin did not exactly make me feel all that welcome when I looked at the two they had at the time. Appreciate the lead.

23. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    Am curious about this Merlin car. Looks priced aggressively, what’s the catch?

24. Colebrook328

Colebrook328 Rookie

Nov 7, 2019
    To give Merlin credit, they do their own comprehensive condition report (and seem pretty fair on the grading) and put all of the service records online so they are pretty transparent in that regard. Having said that, you’ve got a car the seems to need new tires, new CV boots, new coolant hoses, needs to have the AC system sorted (more/less important depending on your location and climate) and has some pretty noticeable wear on the targa top and spoiler (not to mention it’s got 60k miles on it). I feel like it’s fairly valued in the low 50s maybe. They seem to have some flex on price but not sure how low they would go. Definitely don’t think it’s worth $64k. I have a guy going to look at it next week and can post more details then. Happy to share what I find out but definitely contact them directly and hear what they have to say for yourself.

Having looked at prices on 328s for a while now, I feel like the really good ones sell for fair prices and maybe even low for the concours quality models but on the other side a daily driver with 50-60k miles in average condition is a $45-50k car with the money you’d need to put into them.

HtownFcar likes this.
  25. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    perhaps they should get the tires/CV boots done- can’t be that expensive.

Am only starting to look at price points and trying to understand what’s out there. Not looking for concours quality but rather a 30k miles good condition with major recently done.
    There is a nice one( white 26k mikes) on eBay but they’re asking $87k (!)