Side vents not working on Testarossa | FerrariChat

Side vents not working on Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by flat12redhead, Nov 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flat12redhead

flat12redhead Rookie

Nov 11, 2014
    Sachse, TX
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Anyone have issues with side vents not blowing? I removed my dash to replace the leather and noticed a flapper door on the center vent that looks like its vacuum operated.. I havent started my car yet with the dash removed to see if it works or not. Any thoughts?

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #2 Steve Magnusson, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    The side vents (meaning the small round vents in the dash and vents along the door upper edges) should "blow" whenever the blower motor is running (regardless of which pushbutton mode you are in). However, the tubing going from the main center unit to these side vents is long, kind of small, and easy to kink so it's never great. What can go wrong is this tubing is an insulated tube (so it's a tube inside a tube) and it's very difficult to get the inner tube onto the fittings, but very easy to only get the outer tube onto the fittings -- so it looks OK, but really the inner tube, that should be conveying the air, is scrunched-up and blocked.

flat12redhead likes this.
  3. flat12redhead

flat12redhead Rookie

Nov 11, 2014
    Sachse, TX
    Full Name:
    Clint
    After reconnecting vacuum lines side vents blow well in defrost mode with center flapper closed. You are correct that the side vents should blow regardless of push button mode. However, side vents will only blow with any velocity in defrost mode with center flapper closed or with center vents manually partially closed to create enough back pressure to force air out the side vents. My Mondial friend has same issue. Not a good design IMHO but a minor issue for one of histories great supercars.

Qavion likes this.