The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread | Page 40 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Wheels1, Dec 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Currently on a boat. 5 of my last 6 cars have been either Grigio Ferro or Grigio Silverstone. I wanted to order Grigio Ferro again but it seemed there were quite a few launch color orders. I was going to try a blue but couldn't decide on which one. There was a white 812 on the dealer's showroom that looked very clean. I talked to Ferrari Newport Beach and Ferrari Beverly Hills and no white GTS's had been ordered. Not the way I would normally go but I guess it's time to step outside of my comfort zone. I've decided the next car will be blue.

Two weeks ago I went to visit a good friend who owns several Ferraris. The dealer had just gotten their GTS demo and he let us take it to lunch. I normally prefer the coupes over their spider versions but I have to say this car is amazing. We had the top down the entire time and my friend was well into triple digits several times. The cockpit was very comfortable in regards to wind noise and any buffeting.

omd78, stavura, 9nb and 14 others like this.
  2. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    of2worlds, junc and tomc like this.
  3. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    ^ ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!
    Tdf is a beautiful color.
    (I have it on my 458)

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

JagShergill, junc and of2worlds like this.
  4. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
  5. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Ok, question for owners. Have you noticed there is less buffeting and heat loss with the rear window DOWN when the top is down? I know this is counterintuitive but I have noticed less noise/buffeting and last night on a quick trip to get dinner my b in law felt the same. It was a chilly night in Sonoma and we also felt the heat in the cabin was more consistent w it down. Weird

6. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I drove the car to visit my parents/family for thanksgiving and I’ll post a full review when I have some more time.

I totally agree with this. My Ferrari rep told me that when we put the roof down the back window rolls down to a certain level (not completely down). This is the optimal level for keeping the cabin warm and reducing wind buffeting. If you put it all the way up it makes it worse. I hadn’t tried it yet but sounds like it’s true!! Haha. The car is amazing though, I love it.

of2worlds, BaronM69 and RamsHmb like this.
  7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Reassuring to hear that I am not crazy...even if my better half knows I am. It’s my favorite thus far...truly amazing. And take w a grain of salt as I haven’t been fortunate enough to get any of the truly limited editions which are amazing

8. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? Albeit a vanity question I have longer hair and was curious if it would blow around or stay neat. Again a very vain question but I'm 6'3"...Cheers

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I'm right around 6'1.5'' lol and my hair manages to stay neat as long as I don't roll down all the windows. I may also have a covid mullet going. haha. I also don't put a lot of product in my hair so I'm fairly confident that you won't have a problem. Just a caveat, I have the CF seats dropped down to the lowest position and pushed back as far as they go. That seating position makes me feel like I'm driving the batmobile but it is a pretty epic experience. I've had a couple of girls in the car and they seem to manage well with their longer hair, even with the higher seating position.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I appreciate the reply and am happy to hear your answer...about the girls in the car. Haha

JagShergill and Avia11 like this.
  11. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Opens the debate about top down windows down but let’s not go there.

As a taller person how do you feel with the racing seats ?
    Still on the fence.

Congrats beautiful ride

13. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    #993 Avia11, Nov 30, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    lol... anytime. you know in my humble opinion, nothing adds to the experience of an open-top, NA V12 Ferrari like a beautiful woman (driving or passenger). :)

almost forgot, i love your builds. your tdf is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. when you have a moment can you post your build? unless its private of course :)

14. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    yes, I felt that pressure too, but I really liked these wheels more than the other options. I saw an 812 GTS with Monza wheels and that was truly amazing too.

ROMO and ScottS like this.
  15. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I love the race seats. I have them on my Speciale, but the ones in the GTS are really comfortable. I think it is because there is more leg room. Also they look amazing. Thanks! Here is another pic:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  16. Nxs7

Nxs7 Rookie

Sep 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Nitin Sharma
    When is your expected to reach india ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Avik__dey likes this.
  17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran