FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2020 - SAKHIR.....RACEDAY▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2020 - SAKHIR.....RACEDAY▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Nov 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Hamilton called it with his crew...

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Race is over. Full safety. Not enough laps

3. DF1

Chariots of Fire - this race...........wow.

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Macca for third. For how much I hate them happy if R.P don’t get it

5. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Solid result for RB today. Well done on 2nd and 3rd. Good result for McLaren too and great to see them fighting for 3rd in the wdc. Ferrari who? Omg we were nowhere today.

But the big winner today was Gro. To be walking this Earth is the biggest achievement of the GP and the most important highlight of this weekend.

6. DF1

Well said..............a lucky weekend for F1 it is.

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    On race pace we are more than 2 seconds/lap slower than the Mercedes.
    Really doubt the new engine will be enough next year to reduce the gap.

8. DF1

We have some unknowns for the next race. Different track yet same atmospherics with Bahrain area weather etc.

9. DF1

I hope for improvement with the updated PU, and these races giving Ferrari 'test' data they cannot gather in an other fashion.

10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Driver of the day is...Romain, nice touch by the fans:)!

11. DF1

Yes. Unfortunate through such an experience.

jpalmito and Nembo1777 like this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Engineering, track operation, strategy, organization..
    We are lacking everywhere.
    Sorry I lost all hope for 2022

E60 M5 likes this.
  13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Grosjean update:

He has 2 broken toes. That's all that's been relayed.

Nembo1777, nietoale1 and Flavio_C like this.
  14. DF1

Thank you for the update!! I do not see how he can race again this year...............

15. DF1

We must have some optimism as they adjust to the new season upcoming. This is a capable team in the overall

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Well, that was the epitome of a "2020" race. :rolleyes:

I think we've reached the point where armco barriers are past their "use by" date.
    We've seen horrific impacts with armco in WRC. Now F1 cars are piercing them.
    Time for SAFER barriers?

Not a happy race to watch. Bad day in black rock.

Ferrari fighting its way to the rear, again.

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Very funny

18. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Tire barriers would have been sufficient IMO.

19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Latest Grosjean update:

Grosjean to remain in hospital overnight after Bahrain F1 crash

Romain Grosjean will remain in hospital overnight for observation but "feels good" following his crash in Bahrain, according to Haas Formula 1 boss Gunther Steiner.

Grosjean was transferred to hospital following a terrifying crash on the opening lap of the Bahrain Grand Prix when his Haas F1 car was torn into two parts after hitting the barrier exiting Turn 3.

The Frenchman was able to escape the wreckage despite a large fire being sparked and the monocoque being embedded in the guard rail, and was quickly met by medical staff.

Haas confirmed soon after the accident that Grosjean had sustained slight burns to his hands and ankles, and was being taken to hospital with a suspected broken rib.

Team boss Steiner gave an update following the race to say that he had spoken with Grosjean and he was in good spirits, believing that he had not broken any bones, but confirmed the Frenchman would be staying in hospital overnight.

"I just spoke with him on the phone, he's in a clear state of mind, he's good," Steiner said on Sky Sports F1.

"He's still staying in the hospital overnight, they want to keep him there. But he told me and not the doctor, he feels good, it seems nothing is broken.

"He's got his hands bandaged from the burns, but otherwise he said he has no burns or nothing. He was very upbeat, I would say, so very happy."

Steiner confirmed that Grosjean's physio was quick to get in contact with his wife, updating him on his condition, and that he had spoken to his son in the aftermath of the crash.

"His physio was in contact with his wife straightaway," Steiner said.

"They know each other very well, so he was in contact and they gave him the news. I tried to call, but you can imagine these people are so busy.

"When I called him before, he was on the telephone with his son, I was told, so that's good. I think it's all under control."

Steiner refused to dwell on any possibility of needing to replace Grosjean for the final two races, saying he would be keen to drive so long as he is fit enough to do so.

"Knowing him, he wants to be back, but we'll see that tomorrow when they take the bandages off because he has no idea what they look like," Steiner said.

"For me at the moment, the only good thing is, nothing bad happened. For sure it wasn't good, but he's safe, he's healthy.

"The rest we'll see tomorrow when we speak with the doctors."

Asked what the back-up plan would be if Grosjean was not fit, Steiner replied: "I don't want to speak about the back-up plan. The back-up plan is to have Romain in if he's alright to do it."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/153842/grosjean-to-remain-in-hospital-overnight-after-crash

E60 M5 likes this.
  20. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Scariest crash I've seen since I began following F1 in 2008. Thank God he's alive.

Boomhauer likes this.
  21. garrobitto

garrobitto Karting

Jul 12, 2020
    Alameda
    Full Name:
    Garrobito Alado
    Grosjean has a new name... it's called Lazarus... The moment I saw the accident, I was sure he was gone. Later, checking the video for 53 times, I recognized the labor of the all auxiliary helpers and himself; if he was unconscious, he will be dead today.

Phil~, jpalmito and Boomhauer like this.
  22. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    You knew F1 thought he was gone when they cut away from the wreckage immediately after the flames erupted.

Phil~ likes this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    HAAS F1 have stated that the impact speed for Grosjean's crash was 221 km/h - or 137 mph

24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    stavura, AtSomePoint, ktu and 3 others like this.
  25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales