Would I be making a mistake? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would I be making a mistake?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cfensty, Nov 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

The M2 is apparently an amazing drive. I was looking at the CS.

2. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Well, after a good bit of searching for the right Cali T, I pulled the trigger on a 2016 HS with under 10k miles. I found about a dozen Cali Ts with HS package nationwide and this one was by far the best deal. I would not purchase the Cali T without the Handling Speciale package so that was a must for me. The car is Nero on Nero (white deviated stitching) with Rosso calipers and tach, plus shields, 20 inch forged wheels in Grigio Corsa, parking camera, dead pedals and more. It also has CF steering wheel with LEDs and CF bridge. Because it had those two factory carbon options, I tracked down some OEM CF shift paddles, OEM CF radio trim surround and OEM CF “Ferrari” center dash trim. None of them were inexpensive or easy to find but I’ve already received two out of three. I got a pretty good price for the car and sold my F430 at a fair price instead of taking a bath on trading so I thought $3k for these additional factory carbon parts wasn’t too bad.

The vehicle is scheduled for factory service this week and will hopefully be shipped out from San Diego to South Carolina within the next few weeks. I am very much looking forward to some seat time. Oh, and still loving the M2C. That car is a blast to drive!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tomc likes this.
  3. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations and welcome to the club!

alex likes this.
  4. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
  5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Not all of it ;)

Looks like you remove the trim plate under the AC vents, and then there are screws under the climate control. But you may have to take off the steering column trim panel and the one on the passenger side to get the side screws off.

6. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    Car looks great! I was pleasantly surprised that my 2013 had the CF Paddles! I would have splurged too. Enjoy!

7. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    I had an F1 spyder (430) for nearly 5 years. I absolutely loved the car but it had some serious drawbacks primarily related to its age compared to more modern cars.
    • Single plate clutch which you will have to replace at some point for a very dear sum
    • Handling feels like 15 year old car
    • Interior looks dated
    I moved on from the car when I was facing a clutch replacement ... I replaced it with a GT4 Porsche which was the best handling car I have ever driven. I have no sold that car because I have a brand new Roma on order.

Nonoyeahyeah and russellmcg like this.
  8. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina