festival of speeds | FerrariChat

festival of speeds

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by wthensler, Nov 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Event is 12th and 13th in Dec at Jekyll Island. Should be a great time - if not a bit toned down due to COVID.

We're heading up from FL and wondering if anyone in GA will be attending. If so, ping me so we can meet up.

There usually aren't too many Ferraris at these events, so the hosts are usually gracious to us (trophies, tix to events, etc.).

We plan to make a weekend of it (always love the island).

2. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I will be there but not with my Ferrari, but my '57 190sl. Another friend will be there with his 812 Superfast. We're staying there Friday through Monday.

430jm likes this.
  3. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Wow, that is great! We are also heading up Friday and will be there through Sunday. I have a white 458 Spider.

If you want to meet up beforehand, I’ll PM you my contact information. Looking forward to it........

430jm likes this.
  4. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Yes, see y’all there!

5. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Arrived Friday afternoon. Weather is perfect, if not a bit cool now that the sun has set.

The Wharf in the Jekyll Island resort......

More pics to follow after the event.......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    430jm likes this.
  7. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    So sorry we had to miss.

8. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    You guys missed the F8 Spider ride, courtesy of FOCF, lol! That car is an absolute screamer! It may have been a costly ride for me.......

FOCF also brought the new Roma, and an 812 and Portofino in addition to the F8 Spider.....I love the Scuderia Red, btw.....

The event was smaller than usual, but still enjoyable except for the bugs. And the weather, though it didn’t rain, was a bit misty for most of the event. Folks were very pleasant, and all Ferraris got a Prancing Horse trophy.

Another Ferrari 458 spider, a 488 spider, a 328, lots of Porsches, a few C8s and a McLaren 720s......

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4re308 and ATLdoghouse like this.
  9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    We canceled - the COVID situation just did not seem like a good idea... We;re hosting my 85 year old mother in law for Christmas so did not want to take chances.