812 GTS Updates or Replacement Model? | FerrariChat

812 GTS Updates or Replacement Model?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by NZCREW, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    I'm seriously considering ordering a new 812 GTS (see attached). It will likely be delivered towards the end of next year (2021). General consensus, as far as I can tell, is that there may be one more Ferrari front engined V12 model released before regulations make this proposal too difficult. Is anyone aware of any plans for the 812 replacement model? My fear is that shortly after finalising my purchase, Ferrari release a "850 GTB" with a more "classic styling" (i.e. ROMA exterior with less aero "cuts and scoops").
    Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    To clarify further, I'm not referring to a Special Version of the 812, I'm thinking facelift or replacement.

3. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    I believe the 812 GTS replacement will be a Roma-Esque design with a hybridized smaller v12. Pure speculation but makes sense with regulations and the new “look”.

4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If you look at the 812GTS, it should be obvious it was not part of the original 812 production plan. The design appears rushed.

Based on that, I think whatever follows, if any new regular production V12 model follows, may be very different.

I think the factory rushed the 812GTS because that may have been the last chance they could create such a car...

Time will tell.

But, if some new model does appear, it might be 2-3+ years even further into the future (after its reveal) before your order of that car goes to production.

So, do you want to wait at the minimum for 4 more years (you will already be waiting 1 year for the 812GTS, so, 3 years in addition) and possibly as long as 6 ?

Remember, the 812SF (coupe) is already out of production and there is no replacement known...and, presumably an 812VS will be revealed next year, so you might think a replacement for the 812/812GTS would be announced in a year or so.

The 812GTS spec you provided should be easy to re-sell, you might even add a suspension lifter, I think those tend to add value on re-sale versus the lack of...

And, another benefit of ordering now, is it will put you into the short list for a future allocation of whatever appears after, but, remember, like nearly all Ferrari models, the coupe is first and the spider later...

of2worlds likes this.
  5. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Wasn’t there talk that the replacement would be Rome-esque design with a hybrid TTV8? Maybe I’m miss remembering, I hope they keep the V12 though.

Avia11 likes this.
  6. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    @NZCREW : Go order the 812 GTS, you won't regret it. Don't listen to people who can't find their hearing aids, don't have their glasses on, or have no idea what they are talking about. If you haven't already, definitely go see the 812 GTS in person and then tell me if you think its design was rushed or if you think the sound quality is subpar.

Trilogy, pt95, maxemus and 8 others like this.
  7. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    But you will be shocked by the sound regarding some people here- it has a GPF

Sent from my SM-G981B using FerrariChat.com mobile app