Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Lol- it was not in reference to you at all. Sorry for the confusion.

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I didn't take it as such... I just thought it would be funny to take advantage of the post and put myself in the path of the bullet... There was never a confusion. All in good sense.

3. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I totally agree!!

Memories are everything!

May the Horse be with you

4. Yup.

Easiest way to ruin a hobby is to make it a business.

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Fair enough and thanks but I don't back away from any of those comments and would be saying the same thing even if I had one parked in my garage. Let's face it, it is what it is. I mean just look at the ott make up on it fgs. It has boy racer written all over the damn thing so why argue about it?

There were others giving same type opinions - overly pimped boy racer .... cars coffee type inferences. The main difference between me and the others is they were your buddies and I am just a better target.

And me being the rudest here? Cadster - you need to check yourself on that one brother - you're pretty damn good at being rude yourself reading some of those posts toward Mandalay! Not sure how you got away with that - you can't have it both ways.

Anyway let's move on and not to take everything to heart so easily. We are all enthusiasts. Fwiw I'm not competing for the high moral ground here nor want it, least of all fight with you or anyone here. I prefer to talk cars...offer opinions like many others who often think and post much the same thing as I do.

Peace.

6. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    unless it's digital :D

7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I have a concept and guidelines which I attempt to adhere so that I do not cross the threshold from being opinionated to being rude or condescending. For example, a forum member posts a photo of a car he has purchased. The car has already been bought and the owner, after making a significant fiscal expenditure, is rightfully excited about his car. Negative or disparaging comments from others are thusly inappropriate. If that car happens to be an F8, posting relentless and obsessive comparisons of the F8 to a Bentley may be considered inconsiderate, even rude. However, prior to the purchase, when a potential buyer is soliciting opinions from others who have driving experience of the car under consideration, dispensing subjective evaluations are fully appropriate.

It is an accepted fact, that everything that exists on this planet is imperfect. Applying this truism to super cars, it is acknowledged that while they are all maginificent creations, each possess strengths and weaknesses and differeing aesthetic and driving personas. Expressing personal preferences is a component of vibrant and entertaing discourse. Not crossing the line of engaging into personal attacks is something in which we must all be cognizant.

SmokinV10, GT2goneF and Boomhauer like this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    This is my dream.

9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The review of the 765 describes precisely what my expectations of the car was to be. Amazingly exciting.

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I addition to probably too much relative power.

12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    only 100 more than STO. :oops:

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I am bewildered how people call the SF-90 ugly and are quiet about the MB. No offense to anyone here- please. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... only to a point. :)

Igor Ound likes this.
  14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Watch out someone is gonna ask you what experience you have in designing exotic cars right now and will tell you you need a signed permit by all potential owners to criticise a flipping car

Times and nmcclure like this.
  15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No. Not really. Why would you say something like that?

Boomhauer likes this.
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Because people call him out on it all the time except he’ll criticize the actual driving dynamics or build quality of a Mclaren (only) while having no experience in the manner. If all Igor ever said was he thinks they’re ugly he’d catch little backlash.

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #194 Shadowfax, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    Ounds wouldn't know what day it was when it comes to cars as he doesn't own anything or has any experience as you correctly point out. He clearly has a large bottle of Ferrari Koolaid which he can't get enough of so in that sense it wouldn't matter how good or bad a Ferrari looked or performed he'd say it looks better or goes better than anything else even when everyone knows it doesnt. That's just how it is with him. The only value he can add is digging around on the internet for articles which we may not have had time to dig around for ourselves. So essentially, he has "ferret" value only. We must all accept that fact and not pay any attention to anything else other than his ferreting skills.

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I also think that the MB is ugly... So the SF 90 should not feel lonely in that department.

Coincid likes this.
  19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #196 Igor Ound, Dec 2, 2020
    I think you are confusing me with someone else mate and you have no idea what experience I might have so who’s passing judgement without any knowledge now? In any case I think mclarens are really ugly, overhyped and overpriced and I really don’t get the appeal. Happy now? ;)

Back to topic, amg is not pretty either. Think it’s a step too far and gt r pro is a lot sexier. Also why didn’t they go flat plane all along?

20. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    I think the SF90 is pretty good looking. Not quite 458/488 level, but I think it's better looking than the F8.

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    With all the respect in the world... I am happy to know that Ferrari could have at least one potential buyer for the SF 90. I just couldn't get around its looks to buy one. Although I wholeheartedly disagree with you, I am not angry with you nor heartbroken that you classify the F8 as less esthetically pleasing than the 458 and 488. I respect your opinion.

22. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    #199 superfluous, Dec 2, 2020
    Not bad. I guess they're kinda equal to me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Coincid likes this.
  23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Dang no contest the F8 is 10 times better looking than the SF90.

Hate the whiskers in the front, the square taillights in the rear and the oddly shaped triangular glass over the engine. Of course that is just my wothless opinion.

Gh21631 and Coincid like this.