Indicator (Front) lens removal - Help Req.. | FerrariChat

Indicator (Front) lens removal - Help Req..

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by fez1238, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fez1238

fez1238 Karting

Sep 5, 2007
    Hi All
    I have removed the two front screws on the lens and the bulbs underneath. Are there any more attachments to remove from underneath to remove the lens? At the moment it is solidly in place and wont budge.

Also are there any tips in removing the plastic front part of the lens so I can repaint the inside?

2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    You have to remove the whole block first, once the block is removed, on the back of it there are two drilled & slotted bolts that you have to unscrew (WITH A VERY LARGE FLAT SCREW DRIVER) in order to release the lens. Be careful as the "bolt" are more often than not seized against their counterparts on the lens (the counterpart is an aluminium tube glued on the lens), if you go hard, chances you may separate the aluminium tube from the lens.

The following pictures were taken 11 years ago when I had to repair the lens. So these were not taken in order to illustrate your question, but this gives you an idea.

First the "slotted" bolt (which I had to shorten in order to retain only the clean thread)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Second the lens with the aluminium tube that I had to glue back
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. fez1238

fez1238 Karting

Sep 5, 2007
    Thankyou. I have just done that on my spare lens block and the lens cover was easily seperated.

I note that you state that the lens cover does not come off when the block is still in the car. But I wonder what would be stopping it from comming out if I took out the fat slotted bolts? It would make the job of replacing the lens so much easier!

4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    You cannot take apart the slotted bolt unless you remove the retaining screws that hold the optical bloc against the body.

Cleaning the lense is not the sort of job that one does frequently, so it is indeed a bit more work than replacing the bulbs. But still a piece of cake compared to replacing an HID bulb in nowadays cars.