QA1 positioning/settings you are using? | FerrariChat

QA1 positioning/settings you are using?

Discussion in '308/328' started by rjd2, Dec 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjd2

rjd2 Karting

Jul 28, 2016
    Hey folks, so after months of rebuilding of all things suspension/brakes/steering, I was finally ready to put my car on the ground this morning. Aaaaaaand I promptly grounded out on the floor jack. I knew the QA1's were going to ride low, and I was coming down on 2x6's under the wheels, but man, the front end is LOW low when the springs are all the way out. So, I know I could do this with a bunch of trial and error, but in the interest of not putting my wheels on and off a million times, can any of you folks running QA1's(or any adjustable coil over for that matter) give me some ballpark ideas of how many turns in you are on the front and back? Thanks much.

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  3. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    I have attached pictures.....with my shock collar adjustment and the stance it gives.
    Three things to mention.......
    This is without paperweights.....they may change the stock length slightly
    The car is lighter end of 3X8's.....about 2750# so a heavier car may need to be a little up.
    Also this car is on 16" wheels, so you need to factor in wheel diameter.
    I believe this is as low as you would want to run the car. I may raise it just slightly next time the car is up, but this should help you get in the ballpark. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rjd2 likes this.
  4. rjd2

rjd2 Karting

Jul 28, 2016
    That's perfect! Thanks Dal308. I can count the threads on that image, and get a ballpark before i bother fine tuning once it's settled.

5. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    It will be interesting to see where you wind up as far as camber. My impression is, in the front these cars have very little camber gain, and in fact may go negative, so you may have to add shims to get back to .8 or 1 degree negative at the new static ride height. The rear seems to have a more normal camber curve so you may be taking alignment shims out there.

6. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Front end looks way too low, dude. Like by an inch or two.

The Kook Abides likes this.