430 - Blackvue dash cam install Scud | FerrariChat

430 Blackvue dash cam install Scud

Discussion in '360/430' started by DeTomasoGTS74, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hi I just purchased the two channel DR 900X with the hardwire kit. I did a search and found a few posts for hardwiring radar detectors, but nothing on dash cams.

Does anyone have any tips or guidance on where to hardwire into (fuse) on a Scud or 430? I will also have to figure the best route to wire and location to place the rear camera.

Pic for attention.

Thanks!
    Eric

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    DeTomasoGTS74 likes this.
  3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  4. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Don’t know anything about the wiring requirements for a dash cam, but there are 3 fuse boxes behind the passenger seat under the carpet panel. I needed one for my radar detector and only found one that was switched to the ignition. The remainder of the fuses appeared hot all the time. Can supply a pic if you need switched

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

5. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thank you, this is very helpful. Did you look for a fuse space that was constantly on (didnt shut off when you keyed off). I have the fuse box location and hardwiring in should be easy by i am not looking forward to peeling the trim back to run the wire!

Also, did you run a 2 channel system (rear camera)? If so, did you place it inside the cabin on the rear glass?

Thanks!

6. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks Bob! I will need to run a front and rear camera so I am absolutly considering to use the fuse box behind the passenger seat. I also think I will need to be hot all the time as the camera will record after the car is off. I believe there is a setting for it to automatically shut off once the voltage in the car drops below a certain point.

7. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I looked for a switched fuse as I did not want it constantly on. Pulling the trim off should not be too bad. It should be held on mainly by snaps. The trim came off easily in my 458 and 599. I can look in my WSM to see how to pop off the trim in the F430. I won't be back home until Friday, so I can't get that to you until then. Will you be using the fuse behind the seats? For my 458 and 599, removing the trim panels started with the trim piece (on the roof) up by the rear glass. That was a snap piece, then there were a few screws (and snaps) to remove for the pillars.

I only ran one channel, but I hardwired a radar detector and dashcam at the same time. Once you get the trim off, it should not be too hard to run the wires.

8. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser

9. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    I have an F430.

I put mine on the inside of the cabin glass for the rear cam - that is inside the cabin not in the engine side.

Also I had fault codes when i turned the dashcams on. So be careful where you hook into - mine was into the interior light not good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  11. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Incredibly helpful, thank you! I have the front camera installed, placing it directly behing the review mirror. It’s a lower location than I prefer, but given how the mirror is attached ro the windshield, there were no options to install higher.

I ended up removing the piece behind the passanger seat (5 screws) and hardwiring into fuses PDF 13 and PDF 14 and grounding into the bolt that attaches the fuse holder to the body. I have verified the system turns on and functions as intended.

Now onto wiring the rear camera with the help of your photos.

Sent from my iPad using

lewishou, Bob in Texas and ridege55 like this.