Who has used Carvana? I want to hear good and bad | FerrariChat

Who has used Carvana? I want to hear good and bad

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Frozenguy, Dec 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frozenguy

Frozenguy Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Bay Area, Califronia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I've been keeping my eyes out for an example of the car I want to buy. Generally I have never given Carvana much time because, well, sight unseen. But I have recently seen a couple of examples that are exactly what I want.

I want to hear the good and bad experiences you have had with Carvana.

I hear the best way to go about it is to set up a PPI to be ready when the car is delivered. But I hear Carvana isn't that great with covering repairs with quality parts.

They try and post pictures of imperfections but sometimes they are blurry, or the imperfections seem to be non existent. Two pictures on the car I'm looking at say curb rash. Yet I can't spot it on the wheel. Just confusing and leaving me a bit uneasy. Perhaps it's not the actual photo and the 'mistake' will become clear when the car is delivered.

What are your experiences?

Thanks!

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Not good. I was considering an Alfa 4C they had, but the delivery guy severely damaged it when offloading to a different buyer that beat me to the punch, and afterward Carvana continued to list it as if nothing had happened. I would say it had $6-10k in damage that was not disclosed.

3. wizzard

wizzard Karting

Nov 9, 2014
    I bought a Volt from Carvana. Great price and I got a great car-no problems with either the car or the transaction. My neighbor just bought a Hyundai from them and it is a nice car and they are very satisfied.

4. Frozenguy

Frozenguy Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Bay Area, Califronia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That sounds awful. Did they refund you the original shipping charge to your house? Any fees associated with returning a car that aren't usually mentioned? Thanks for the input.

That sounds good. Glad to hear it went well for you. Thanks for the input.

5. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login I know you are looking for more of a buying experience but here is my experience selling to Carvana.

Last month I sold my 2013 Ford F-150 raptor with 95,000 miles to them. I accepted their offer of $32,400 which was about $5000 higher than this time a year ago.

the entire experience was easy, the driver was at my house a few minutes early the day of pick up, he did a quick inspection, I signed some papers and handed over the title and two sets of keys, and he gave me a check for $32,400 drawn on Wells Fargo.

loaded the truck up, turned around, and left all in the matter of 15 minutes. Couldn’t have been any easier.

NbyNW, David_S and BT like this.
  6. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I did not buy the car and had no expenses. Someone else eventually did buy it, and I’m fairly certain Carvana did not disclose the damage.

8. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I know someone who foolishly bought a car from the rust belt that had been relocated to Florida. Carvana took it back under their return policy.

9. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Have two local friends who have bought a total of 3 cars from Carvana. Their experiences have been pretty stellar, and both remain quite pleased with their vehicles after more than a year of ownership.

I'd sure give them a look/shot, if they had something I was interested in.

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

^ Same experience. I sold my Lincoln Aviator to them a few months ago. Perfectly easy. Their price beat CarMax by over $6k. Done in 15 min with check in hand.

11. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I’ve had some friends sell to them and be happy, and we got an offer from them on my fiancée’s focus they was only $400 under what she owed. But it’s all in newer vehicles.
    I flipped a 03 Ranger recently, with a 160k on it. I ran it through them for an offer out of curiosity. They offered $100 lol. But that’s not something they sell so they didn’t want it.