My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

My horrible experience with EAG (European Auto Group), San Antonio.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Circle K, Dec 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Hole? I got art hooked up with miller. Id say there is no hole.

2. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016

I have to also agree here. I am looking to do a conversion on my F430 but don't want some forum warrior to look up if I got a 10% discount, verify if I was sent the correct clutch or not, etc. Extremely unprofessional. This is a $30K service....no floor mats, broken straps, etc. is unacceptable. Period. Not sure why the OP cannot voice his opinion without everyone getting defensive...

Cordero, AHudson, jjsf and 10 others like this.
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    If you are worried about a forum warrior you are not serous about actually getting a conversion.

vraa likes this.
  4. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    late reply. I agree with Mayor. A lot of first time posters post in the vetrano thread. Doesn't make their motive suspicious.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/avoid-la-scuderia-rossa-orlando-vetrano.522821/

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    paulchua likes this.
  6. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    agreed. can't just dismiss a first post even if that post was complaining about some dealer/indi. especially if there had been a pattern.

rennspeed, DOWORKFCAR and rob lay like this.
  7. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Agree 100%, I don't think he realizes how unhinged his responses are and his behavior of attacking everyone that has a different opinion is off putting to say the least, after 13 years on fchat I have finally found someone to put on the ignore list.

AHudson and DOWORKFCAR like this.
  8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Perfect- then peanut galley gets frustrated when they have mo box to stand on.

9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    So far, I see a customer that had a bad experience and a list of grievances.

Some things you can't fix no matter what (time loss).

Some things to me are fixable, What's left is Art to literally send a box that includes the following
    1. A new set of OEM 360 floor mats ($265)
    2. Some Bolts ($10)
    3. Paddle hole covers (I'm sure Art has a stack of em on the bench)
    4. A 'newer' clutch. ($650)
    What am I missing here?

10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I see a business not well run with customer service, which I think we can all agree on.

I don't know Art at all. I literally never had any contact with him, so no bias from me. I have seen; however, @ttforcefed personally help 2 folks sort out things with Art.

So that's why I was surprised the OP didn't seem receptive to ttforcefed's help.

I think the OPs responses show the thread's point is more to 'punish' Art and his business rather than resolve existing issues. So with the 'bomb' dropped already, so to speak, the OP has long abandoned any hope in reconciliation. The bigger the victimization and damage, the more gravitas the post has. So justice is served in the OPs mind by the loss of business Art may suffer from his claims.

We have to bear and repeat it - every story has two sides. In the many years of Fchat, rarely have I seen issues be entirely one-sided. Usually, the truth is somewhere very much in the middle, as Rob Lay alluded to.

@ttforcefed, Art may be well served to give his perspective, or if he confirms the OPs story, I would say the best advertisement is for Art to make the OP whole (give him that box I mentioned above)

:)

11. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    You’ve suggested this guy is a felon several times. Do you have a conviction record to post? If you’re right then post it up. If you’re wrong then perhaps talk to someone about what publishing info that someone is a felon might mean.
    (The guy might be horrible to do business with and the thread will bear that out. Different issue).

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You mean 430 Floor mats :).

Regarding #4. What if Art feels he did indeed send him his clutch? Where is he going to find a “newer” clutch from?

I think the best thing to do is give Circle K $800 and have the clutch sent back. Afterall, Art agreed in the beginning the clutch was still good. I’m sure he can find a use for it.

Also, TTForce already offered to send $800.

I just find it odd a car was sent in for a $30k niche manual conversion parts/service, which we all know is EAG’s specialty, but we’re here arguing about floor mats, bolts, and a used clutch worth about $1000 in total.

The $30k conversion job is FINE. Perhaps even fantastic! Why are we talking about $1000 worth of mishaps that are outside of the main objective?

So what are we really discussing here? The fact that a shop isn’t perfect? The fact a shop can lose and misplace things? EAG isn’t a Ferrari dealership. They’re a small shop with a handful of guys running around trying to get things DONE. Which means things are hectic and probably disorganized. I’m sure the floor mats and bolts arent being sold on the side on craigslist.

paulchua likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #138 ttforcefed, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    I love bradan like a brother. About 8 months i asked him if my f40 mats were there because i cldnt find them. He looked around his shop and said no. Recently Bradan’s neighbor next door had a fire and bradans shop suffered some smoke. Bradan decided to move to a new location and in moving he found these:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Cordero and vraa like this.
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #139 ttforcefed, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Art wld 100 percent buy the clutch back even though he has sworn on his daughter that its the same one that belonged to the op. He wld be dumb to pay $800 for it, especially since its the same clutch.

15. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    All has been taken care of except for the clutch. Is it the customer’s duty to remind the shop what needs to be done? Most times when he says he’ll get back to me he never does, it’s me reaching out to him. His lack of communication/service needs to be fixed if he wants to succeed.

AREDSTALLION and GatorFL like this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you think your post here helped your case? if i were Art and saw your post i too wld have cut off communication with you

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so what is the final verdict on the conversion, everything else aside?

18. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    ttforcefed reached out to Art, he said he sent the correct clutch and that he believes him just like when Art told him he gave me a discount, I had to prove him wrong. I’m not saying I’m a victim, I just received horrible service

19. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    I can tell you’re loyal to Art which find. I just want members to know anything can happen, hope they don’t go through what I had to, I

AREDSTALLION and GatorFL like this.
  20. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    Sorry tapped wrong. ... If bad results do happen, you were warned

21. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    I actually have a copy, a member sent it to me, it’s wrong to post but you can look it up, it’s public record

22. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Nothing public is wrong to post. I won’t spend much time looking but If it’s easy I’ll throw it up here. Thanks for heads up.

23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I received horrible service from EuroCar buying a Scud 7 years ago. I could go on and on about the BS I went through to get the car. But at the end of the day, I came for the car and got the deal I wanted. I didn’t go for the service. My invoice doesn’t say, “Eurocar licked my balls - $1000.” Its says, “430 Scuderia + Tax.”

I’m not saying BS didn’t happen here. I’m just saying, lower your “service” expectations for an up and coming business that is still trying to figure things out. If you got what you paid for listed in the invoice, consider yourself lucky being an early adopter and just enjoy your car.

paulchua likes this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    whoooa compadre, you didn't prove anything. you repeatedly asked for discounts and you got a discount.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    has nothing to do with kevin's clutch, does it? or the conversion. the only reason anyone wld bring this up is to slander. there have been far more satisfied and happy customers than the 4 who are unhappy. Where has BrandonE been since his last posts? this has collusion all over it.

has anyone said Art stole a customers car?