Let´s talk about Boxing | Page 135 | FerrariChat

Let´s talk about Boxing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zzono, Dec 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Was not expecting to see former NBA slam dunk contest winner Nate Robinson in the ring...wth.

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    lol, yep. He got slept. Lol

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  3. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    And Tyson VS Jones Jr WAS as awful as I expected it to be lol

Tyson definitely won that fight.

Jones Jr was too scared to throw a punch it seemed.

And Jones Jr was definitely gassed at the end, Tyson was in better condition.

4. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  5. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  6. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Better than Tyson vs. Jones.

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  8. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Howdy, PAP.

Isn't it amazing that they had a pair to spare???

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What a sh** show that was last night.
    I gotta give Tyson credit. He came to fight. Jones Jr. Was such a disappointment.
    I hope its a one and done for both.

TestShoot likes this.
  10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, yeah...........funny that. ;)

11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    100% lol

Mike came to fight, Roy came for the pay cheque!

What a shame.......

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    ...and Snoop Dogg smoking weed during his horrible performance and rooting for Jones the whole fight was an embarrassment. Commentators shouldn't do that. Sugar Ray was too classy for this event.

PAP 348 and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol, crazy right! Lol

And I know Sugar is mates with both Roy and Mike, but he definitely should have avoided this "charity" event like the plague. :D

ag512bbi likes this.
  14. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    There is a lot more going on with the cannabis scene, Pap. Mike smokes Sour Diesel 24/7, and he is staying good. Ray Leonard doesn't hang in that circle.

I like Mike. I always have.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Spence Jr. vs Garcia...
    Interesting match-up this weekend. I don't know why, but I'm a fan of Garcia and I don't like Spence Jr. Maybe because Spence Jr. hangs with the Charlo Twins and That tells me a lot. I'm interested in seeing him after his big accident. I wonder if he is going into this at 100%. Did the accident affect him?
    That being said, I still think Spence Jr. takes it. It's almost destined to see a showdown between Crawford vs Spence Jr.

16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I just watched Billy Joe Saunders defeat Martin Murray to retain his WBO Super Middleweight title. :)

It wasn't an exciting fight, but Billy Joe did put on a great performance I must admit. :)

Billy Joe only wants to fight the big names now on and he wants Canelo next...............of course. :)

17. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    It's going to be a good fight. :)

I am also wondering if Spence Jr is the "same" after his massive car crash last year. I reckon it has changed him a little bit.

We will see tomorrow I guess. I am going to the pub to watch it with a mate. :)

Spence Jr will get the easy win and then hopefully they can setup a MEGA fight between Crawford and Spence Jr.

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, as Pappy predicted. :D

TestShoot likes this.
  19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    ag512bbi likes this.
  20. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    The absurd thing about this happens to be the price. Paul gets to do something for his aging audience before they grow out of him. FM gets to be famous to a new demo of millions, maybe a new product vis-a-vis Paul as a promotion. Boxing gets a self-perpetuating social media hype machine. Respect to all three for trying but this is all for Paul.

What's the upside for actual boxing fans like us? I don't think this has anything for us really, it is all about introducing the sport to a new generation of kids, don't give it much headspace if you want to see it or not.

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    people are trying to feed the hype but it is a farce

23. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Adrien Broner Assault on Las Vegas Strip Results in $4M Judgment Against Champion Boxer

A Las Vegas judge has signed off on a $4 million judgement against world champion boxer Adrien Broner in an assault caught on camera on the Las Vegas Strip, according to news accounts.

World Champion boxer Adrien Broner, seen here, is required to pay a judgment against him in an assault on the Las Vegas Strip. A Las Vegas judge issued the ruling this week. (Image: USA Today)

Las Vegas resident Carlos Gonzalez, now 30, sued Broner after being punched and knocked unconscious in 2017, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported. Surveillance video showed a man identified as the boxer shoving a woman and punching Gonzalez.

Attorney Ash Ganier said Gonzales still has headaches, nausea, and dizziness as a result of the assault. Because of these medical concerns, Gonzales, a single father, lost his driver’s license. He also chipped a tooth in the incident, the attorney said.

In a court document, Ganier said his client and Broner had never met before Gonzales was “cold-cocked.” Broner’s actions were “obviously malicious and intentional,” the document states.

“Broner’s boxing career had essentially weaponized his body, which he used to violently attack (Gonzalez),” according to court papers.

Ganier filed a lawsuit in the matter in 2018. However, Broner has avoided service of the suit, the Review-Journal reported. District Judge Adriana Escobar granted a motion for default judgment this week.

Ganier told the newspaper that getting the money from Broner will be difficult.

“We’re going to do everything we can to collect against Adrian Broner, but that’s an uphill battle, for sure,” Ganier said.

Previous Arrest
    Broner was also in the news in February, when he was arrested outside the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas on suspicion of trespassing.

He had been banned from the site in November 2019 for refusing to leave before the weigh-in for a heavyweight bout between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury, the newspaper reported. Prosecutors did not pursue charges against him in the arrest earlier this year.

Broner has had other run-ins regarding legal matters.

The 31-year-old Cincinnati native was jailed in Ohio last month for contempt of court in a lawsuit claiming he sexually assaulted a woman at a nightclub. The boxer has failed to pay a judgement of more than $800,000 against him in that case, the newspaper reported.

Champion Boxer
    Broner has won world championship titles in four weight divisions. He last fought in the ring in January 2019 against Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas. Pacquiao won that welterweight title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, dropping Broner’s record to 33-4-1.

At one time, Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas Strip was the location of numerous championship boxing matches in an outdoor ring at the resort. However, many major fights in Las Vegas now are held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena and T-Mobile Arena. Both sites are on the Strip.

TestShoot likes this.
  24. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    He deserves EVERYTHING he got coming to him

25. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Joshua looking good tomorrow. Training hard dont expect an upset ala Ruiz. TKO round 7 against Pulev