F8 or STO? | Page 31 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    STO - will surprise heavily on the upside IMO. Seems to tick all the boxes hence why it is generating so much interest.

2. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Just to clarify so there's no misinformation floating around, MY23 is not a full production year for the STO. MY23 cars will be late MY22 slots which might be late slots or heavy AdP cars. Majority of AdP STO's will be MY22 cars. This info was confirmed by my dealer.

The STO is a two year production run and Lambo will build as many cars the production line can handle. Like I said in previous post, the reason why the STO will be more limited than the Perf is the STO is more complex to build. The Performante was basically a Huracan with a few aero bits and new exhaust setup.

Also keep in mind Lamborghini doesn't have multiple Huracan production lines going, there's only one production line so there's a limit of how many cars they can produce meaning they can't produce say 5000 Huracan's in a year unless they add another line.

Shack and Fastmd like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Here’s the 765LT...1/4 mile on the street, no prep in 9.88! Remarkable.

epah, ScrappyB, mdrums and 2 others like this.
  4. The more I look into the STO the more it reminds me of a German Dodge Viper ACR.

5. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Submitting my spec on Monday. My STO would be a June production, mid-July delivery. It'll be one of the first customer STO's to land.

mdrums, Fastmd, Coincid and 6 others like this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    What’s your spec?

7. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Going with black exterior (matte PPF), red calipers, lift, matte black wheels, undecided on exterior carbon and interior. I'm considering a full red AdP interior. I still have about a month to decide before the order is submitted to the factory.

Thecadster, Shack, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Fantastic spec.

SLDriver likes this.
  9. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
  10. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Whadda 'ya think. Would someone in my position (no Lambo loyalty) place a refundable deposit on a '22 allocation, or am I spitting into the wind hope wise?

Will the '22 MY have the GPF?

11. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    #761 SLDriver, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    ^
    Sure, why not. I assume some buyers will drop off and allocations will become available.

And below is latest info regarding GPF on Lambos. It's very likely the STO won't get the GPF and likely the last NA V10. The Huracan replacement will get a GPF and most likely get the V8TT from the Urus.

---------------

“It’s really a disaster,” Mr. Reggiani said. The nearer threat, he said, is an EU emissions rule in 2023 that will require particulate filters for gasoline cars. Gas particulate filters would be a nonissue except for the fact that GPFs, like turbochargers, reduce exhaust gases’ energy (loudness), sticking a mute in Lambo’s very costly trombone.

U.S. regulators do not as yet require GPFs, but cars imported from Europe will probably have them anyway, in the interests of single development cost. My source at Porsche tells me the exhaust plumbing of cars will look the same on both sides of the Atlantic but the filter itself may be different.

By 2027, the EU will also lower vehicle noise limits to 68 dB (currently 74) and close some loopholes that, for example, allow vehicles to sneak by the test microphones on minimum power. Two-stage “active exhaust” systems—which switch to a louder, less restricted mode when the engine rises above about 3,500 rpm—were invented to end-run noise restrictions.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lamborghini-huracan-evo-why-the-eu-is-silencing-screaming-supercars-11591956022

Thecadster and wthensler like this.
  12. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    I keep hearing this since the last 5 years. they will probably make a spyder sto and another two models until then.

dustman and ScrappyB like this.
  13. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    No spyder (confirmed in my attachment below) and there's no other track version of the Huracan coming. The STO is it.

I wish I can share more information but it'll become clear next year regarding the H replacement.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    My dealer has now sold his entire allocation which was limited to single digit numbers.

15. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    My dealer had 10 built slots which have all been allocated. There's no indication HQ will be providing more slots, if they do they'll go to top tier dealers.

Shack and Fastmd like this.
  16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I’d be shocked if they don’t produce a final edition spyder, perhaps with some design cues from the STO. I believe someone mentioned that that usual Huracan production is circa 2,500/yr which should mean that they’d like to produce 5,000 Huracans over the next 24(ish) months.

If we assume around 50% of those will be STO coupes, then the other 2,500 units will be of some other Huracan variant. I suspect Evo coupe demand will be quashed going forward and I’m not sure there’s enough interest left in the Evo Spyder to carry them through 2 more years. What’s left? STO 63? Spyder versione finale?

17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I surely hope there is a spyder version. Loud and Louder! IDC about the track, none of these cars are meant to be there over a dedicated $100k car anyway.

18. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Lamborghini isn't going to produce a special edition STO spyder, not going to happen. The likely scenario is they'll produce a final edition Huracan EVO or a STO limited edition similar to the SVJ Xago edition.

And it's highly unlikely the STO will reach 50% of total Huracan production. The price point is too for high for most markets outside of the US and based on allocation all dealers should be getting 20+ cars. The biggest seller will be the EVO RWD and RWD spyder. Both are selling well and demand will continue to increase.

Shack and Ash Patel like this.
  19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    As others have stated based on the car having 75% CF body panels it will be a difficult car to manufacture. Consider each CF panel is almost hand manufactured, painted and assembled. This alone means production might be manual and labour intensive. Almost "Pagani" type assembly, hence why AdPersonum is going to be popular. In addition the "confango" being that large and complex to manufacture will be interesting to assemble on each car.

A bespoke supercar at a reasonable price with intense racing/track pedigree - whats not to like!!

Surfah, Ash Patel, Coincid and 2 others like this.
  20. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    At least we know the new CEO will keep the company going in the right direction:

https://www.motor1.com/news/459381/lamborghini-bugatti-boss-combustion-engines/

Hopefully the same can be said about the new Ferrari CEO.

dustman likes this.
  21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    ferrarifanatic25, Ash Patel and Shack like this.
  22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    How so?

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #773 Shadowfax, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Let's be honest they weren't right 5 years ago either. If anything they are more right today than they ever were as at least the chassis is working better with the driver and the car can compete.

The main area they seem to have fallen over in is in the sound - which is a key element - and providing a decent level of driver engagement at town speeds vs the older cars which have the sound but fight too much with the driver as speed rises.

Being unable to provide basic user friendly MI features found in Korean cars is nothing new for Ferrari but was even worse 5 years ago. Incredible. Let's not even go there as it would do your head in.

And Lambo only improved since VAG bought them out but still leave a lot to be desired as drivers cars. If it weren't for the V10 engine I doubt there would be even half the interest there is today on this STO. I suspect the next generation will be the one to watch if they stay NA and fix the dreadful ergonomic.

Gh21631 likes this.
  24. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Shack and SLDriver like this.