GTC4Lusso CF Paddle Shifters - No Slots | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso CF Paddle Shifters - No Slots

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by SECRET, Nov 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Does anyone have the Ferrari PN for the OEM carbon paddle shifters that come with the car if you option them when you order the Lusso? This one seems like it might be it, but might include a bunch of other things (327251)

The Ferrari Genuine Accessories version (70004930) has T-shaped slots that are unattractive to me.

2. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I’d get the carbonio extended carbon one instead.

350MH83, SECRET and LVP488 like this.
  3. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestion. Haven't tried their stuff before other than the license plates holder for the Lusso? Do you have it?

4. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    The only long paddle option from Ferrari is the Aftermarket Genuine Accessories part that has the T-Shaped slots. All of the other carbon or metal options that were originally fitted are considerably shorter than the Aftermarket option.

When we set out to design our paddles for the Lusso the idea was to maintain the OEM shape but extended to the length used in the Challenge race cars. This gives you a clean OEM look with the functionality of the longer paddles. Our biggest challenge with the paddles is getting people to try them. The moment they do the first comment is 'why did I not do this sooner'. Our carbon is identical to OEM Ferrari (we actually source our carbon cloth from the same supplier Ferrari uses) and if you were not told, you would think the parts came from Ferrari. We do however not add the Ferrari tax so the pricing is considerably less than what Ferrari would charge.

Feel free to search around F-Chat for testimonials. We have lots of happy customers here and would welcome your patronage any time.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I did not have them on my lusso, but I tried one on my friend’s sold lusso. It’s literally same feel and quality finish as my speciale paddle. It’s much cheaper than Ferrari Genuine parts

6. sandman03456

sandman03456 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Any Black Friday discounts for FChat users?

7. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Thank you for the info. Just placed an order!

8. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    Cool, how much if you don’t mind me asking? Do they supply a tool to remove the oem ones?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    Ignore found them thanks

SECRET likes this.
  10. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    I'll share details when I receive the paddles. Seems the kit is fairly comprehensive, and the install instructions look like they are well considered. I'm pretty picky about this stuff, so I'll include my thoughts.

TomAZ and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Let us know & the difference in driving experience too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SECRET likes this.
  12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not on a Lusso, but I have the Carbonio paddles on my 488 and they are really a nice and convenient enhancement.
    The standard Ferrari design is kind of stupid IMHO - with the paddles extended only to the top, it means that with your hands moving with the wheel when turning, you can only upshift when going left and only downshift when going right...

13. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Ah ok, thanks.

With respect to the design, I think the shorter ones are designed with the thought that the average consumer should be trained to hold the wheel at 3 & 9 and shouldn't be shifting mid-corner or mid-turn. And if you're in enough pace/stress that you can't manage to slide your hands to the right spot to shift, then you shouldn't shift.

The longer ones obviously enable more of that shifting to happen with the turn of the wheel without moving your hands, and maybe they're built into cars with owners likely know a bit more about what they're doing

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    This is correct. When Ferrari launched paddle shifting in the 355 the paddles were tiny and ensured that drivers had their hands in the 3 & 9 positions. This was done primarily for safety and liability reasons because the technology was new and they wanted to minimize risk to the driver by shifting in the corners. Over the years as the electronics have gotten better and the market as a whole has gotten more used to having paddle shifters, the paddles have grown in size to make them more practical to use for the driver. Cars like the Pista have very large paddles available from Ferrari but the other models still suffer from shorter paddles which is where our solution comes in :)

ANOpax and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    The Carbonio CF paddles are a winner!

Here's why:
    • The packaging is clearly meant to protect the paddles, but isn't wasteful with the use of plastics or bubble wrap.
    • The kit comes with the tools needed to successfully install the paddles. I personally think the choice from @Carbonio to include this is the right one. If a customer isn't happy about that because they want to save some money and get their own tool, they probably would be happier with a lower quality set of paddles as well.
    • The fit, finish, alignment, etc feels OEM+.
    • Install in the GTC4Lusso took no more than 5 minutes. It was stupid simple!

16. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    Thanks for the feedback - will obtain some ASAP.

SECRET likes this.
  17. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Great to hear you are happy with the paddles and thank you for the positive review. We keep it low key with the packaging because they are never in a retail space. Paddles are either sent to dealers who install them or shipped direct to customers and plain packaging avoids any theft during transit. The real benefit comes in the driving where the extended reach just makes shifting so much easier and more convenient. Enjoy the drive :)

SECRET likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I like stupid simple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SECRET and Caeruleus11 like this.